• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 15, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang clicked too fast...

Noticed she leaks a little bit of oil from under the flywheel cover between it and the block.

It didn't show up until I ran up the throttle to about 80%, then ever so slowly it started to drip a bit.

Main bearing?

Rick M. -

Didja order manuals yet? I would
wink.gif

Bearings are ball bearings, so yeah, they'd leak like a sieve!

But alas, Kohler thought to put SEALS on both ends of the crank
lol.gif

And they prolly took the bottom shield off cuz it's a PITA to put on...

LOL! Yeah Bryan, manuals are next on my list.
rtfm.gif

I'm really tickled with it!

The Generator was rebuilt last year. New coil, condenser and plug. Rebuild on carb 2 months back (this is all second hand from one of the guys at the JD shop I bought it from).

Going to clean her up and change the oil and tranny fluid this weekend.

Got a local source for Hytran Bryan?

(Message edited by rmunday on June 16, 2004)

Just my sarcastic attempt at humor. I, too, have mostly Craftsman, some Mac, and SK. Would like Snap-On but way out of my affordability range.

I did buy a Chicago Pneumatic impact wrench a couple years ago and a Taiwan sticker appeared on it. Could that be a suburb of Chicago?

Hello,

I thought I would introduce myself. I have resently purchased my first IH Cub Cadet. It's a 1450 with nice deck and a snow blade. From what I gather, the engine has been rebuilt within the last two years. The hytrans is strong and the hyro lift works fine too.

However, I managed to break the cast axle just to the right of the center pin. I've spoken to a guy who busted his axle over ten years ago, welded it and has used it without problems ever since. So... has anyone else had success with welding a broken cast axle? Or, should I start looking for one to replace it with?

TIA,
Keith

Weaver:

Dang!! I've been trying to finish it honest I have. Something to do with too much work around here preventing me from gettin to it.

This weeks project is to finish the partial restoration of #518 and to build a carrier for the back of my camper so that I can drive on out to Iowa for a tractor show.

After that I have an 86 and 108 dissassembled, blasted and ready for paint. Hopefully I can get back at it after that.

Jim -- excuses excuses excuses ... it's been 2 years or so !!

Keith -- "I'd" weld it but "you" could buy one from a sponsor a lot easier !

Wyatt -- this counts me out ! "Recommended: Pentium III 1GHz CPU Windows® PC with 256MB RAM, 32MB 32-bit Video Card compatible with DirectX® 9."

It'd be a neat "game" I guess if you could get the greeny thingy to blow a rod !!!

Cross your fingers and STAY OFF the ROAD , I'm going to the lake tonight ... hope I can find more walleye where I found the other one saturday afternoon ...

don't post nuttin I wouldn't !

Hey Everybody!

Well, between travelling and catching up at home, Nick and I will most likely be able to attend a bit of RPRU in Mt. Pleasant, Ia on Friday June 25th. Hopin' to see some of 'ya there!

They say for every man who owns a boat there are two happy days. I just had my second happy day today.
wave.gif
More room in the garage tonight.

19631.jpg

Congrats, Richard! Dunno if I follow that rule too well, but I had a happy day today re. my boat... got the harmonic balancer installed, valvetrain reassembled, covers back on, and am back to reading a good-solid 160psi on each cylinder. I'm fabricating a new distributor to make up for some weaknesses on the previous one, gonna spend some quality-time on the lathe tomorrow, and hoping that I'll have it all ready to go back together (and smoke-test) by the time I get back from my next biz-trip... Nick wants to go for a ride, and it's been a long time since I broke 70 over water...
19634.jpg

Dave-
We're sending all our trees south on the river and you're going 70? You must have a couple spare lower units
happy.gif

Kraig, Bryan, Pat I,

I checked the belt on the tiller last night. The belt I have is for the earlier models w/a cast rear end, 54 5/16" long, 21/32" wide. The newer belt from information I gathered is 62" long. When I put the belt on the PTO and mule, pull it tight, I end up about 2 1/2" short. I can basically pull it to the center of the gearbox pulley. The pulley on the gearbox is for the narrower belt. I talked to Ken at C&G yesterday and the adapt kit is no longer avail., he suggested finding a longer belt, which may be what I have to do. Thanks again guys!

Back