• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 04, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis,
"Have to be careful to not excavate the yard."
LMAO! BTDT.
Why dose the M not push up a bigger pile? Different loader setup?

TOM - Yes, the M is a little taller/bigger than the Super H to begin with, and even though both loaders have the same size cylinders, 2-1/2" bore X 30 inch stroke, the loader on the M has different geometry that lets it lift higher and also lift more, but that is mostly do to the hyd pump on the M making more PSI. I checked the pump pressure on the Super H several years ago, it only makes about 850-900 PSI, and the M has the M&W live pump which is supposed to make 1200 PSI. The M is just a beefier tractor than a Super H and can handle the stresses of a loader a whole bunch better than a Super H so I've never looked at rebuilding or replacing the factory live pump on the Super H. The loader on it lifts as much as I want the tractor to handle.

With the loader bucket when you trip the bucket when it's fully raised you're piling snow on top of the pile and can pile it up higher than when you try to push snow up the side of a pile with a blade.

The weekend SON & I cleaned the front yard, with similar weight, chains on both, same size blade/bucket we found there really wasn't a whole lot of difference in what they could move or push. And the M has a roughly 20 HP advantage over the Super H, around 50 PTO HP verses 30. Pushing snow is all about weight and and getting traction on snow, ice, and slick ground. You take the chains off either tractor and neither one of them will push much at all.

ALSO - On your cheap HF drill bit situation, The cheapest bit's I'll buy anymore are the Irwin/Hanson bits at F&F. I bought a set of Milwaukee bits several years ago and you're right, they cut great. I grab them first anymore.

Tom - "buy cheap get cheap" - hope you got some of those HF chip brushes while you were there. They work great for painting over the nubs you left from trying to drill some holes. You will have to pick off the bristles that fall out (buy cheap get cheap), but the nice thing is when you're done you can just toss the brush. Hey ya gotta buy the right tool for the right job.

Kraig - Oh Great One, Keeper of the Photos - you're the best. Thanks for posting those again.

Jeff - strange your 169 would have the QL spooler valve mounting plate. Have you verified the frame tag is a 169? (thought you did but can't remember). You better have a look and make sure you have a ported Hydro pump while you're looking. Frank posted his 169 does not, and I don't understand that.

Dennis Frisk

I just put new led tail lights on my cargo trailer Cub mover and They now have a strip heater in the centre so they will keep the lenses clear in winter. They sure are bright , I used them with 4 ways on to back the trailer in the drive after dark. Cobalt drill bits! are there any better drill bits ???

Blowing snow observation with COLD windshield, snow won't stick as easily. Unless snow /temp is 30's... When plowing county & state hwys for 30+ years I learned to leave heat off windshield when cold & blowing snow...snow tends to blow off. If windshield is warm from defroster/heat ,wipers have hard time keeping windshield clean when plowing @ 25 to 35 MPH, and snow just keeps building up & you're driving in a White-OUT
yikes.gif
Shift.gif

Got set of #60 cast wheel weights off CL this AM...
thumbsup.gif

Harry- One of my 169's (I can't remember which one) that has a non ported hydro. By just looking at it, it seems to be original also.

Harry Bursell

I remember reading that IH ran out of parts for the hydro lift building the 169. seems it was available later from the dealer. Hank W book says something about that I think.
1a_scratchhead.gif

My 169 is correct with engine specs and serial frame tag, it also has a ported pump with plugs but no hydro lift.

during prodution I read that the 169 ran out of lift parts but all 169 where sopposed to come with a ported pump for later lift installion

Jeff - yes that's what I understood as well. My 169 did have the ported pump so all I had to add was all the lift stuff from a <font size="-2">donor</font> 149. Instructions are pretty straight forward. PITB getting that little spirol pin into the handle once it's installed into the dash pedestal. If your's seems a little wobble I'd probably re-drill before installing the handle and use a slightly larger spirol pin. The late QL version is a much better design, using a nut/washer/bolt and screwy shaped lever attached to the handle - but then you already have the stuff from the 149 and your 169 couldn't be a 100 point contender if you used those QL parts (maybe 98 or 99).

Ryan - strange you're the 2nd to mention that in just the last few weeks. We'll have to see if Art can investigate thru his registration contacts to see if anyone else with a 169 has what appears to be an original non-ported pump. The 169's were supposed to come with the ported pump. That was the hole idea why IH put together the conversion kit and special instructions to install the hydraulic lift. Instructions are based on a ported pump aleady being installed, and only change to the pump is switching a spring (if my memory is correct).

Art - do you have the ability to poll your 169 contacts to see if their units did have an original ported hydro pump?

Don T - what book is that?

Latest posts

Back