• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 15, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan, you must mean this:
19606.jpg

Kraig -

Yep!

I just LOVE the spike in network traffic as everyone that's too tight to spend a couple bucks downloads the manuals that I post here
roflol.gif

<font size="-2">hey, I wouldn't post the URL if I didn't expect folks to download it...</font>

It's damn near impossible to get anything done via SSH on my server now...

Bryan, just think if you made all the stuff I've got scanned available! :eek:)

Kraig -

I remember when I had your first CD in the server's drive so that I could have ready access to it and BOY did folks try and jump on that! Luckily I secured it against outside access, but geez
lol.gif

Looks like I'm going to have to sell some more Cub Cadet parts if I'm going to get a good paint gun.

Bryan, Kraig-
Thanks for the help guys. According to that, p.52, there was some adapting that needed to be done to get a 1A onto a 682. I have everything there except the 190-375, and 190-385. I think that the 190-385 is the straight mule drive. So all I have to do is find out what is in the 190-375 and I should be in business. Time to call the sponsors! Thanks again guys for the help!

Art, yep, but I figure that's likely the same no-name paint gun like the Harbor Frieght "Central Pneumatic" brand. KENtucky and Jim C. have convinced me to buy a good name brand paint gun. I figure with several Cub Cadets, a bunch of attachments and the AC 602 with loader I have enough stuff to paint to make it worth getting a good paint gun.

I see Art, you have ulterior motives, you just don't want to put any of my parts for sale on ebay! :eek:)

Yea, you're probably right. Now that you mention it, I do have two spray guns. One of them gets used, the other sits on the shelf... Sorry, I should have thought about that before recommending that one!

On another note...
I need to buy a welder sometime this summer. I know it's gonna be a <font color="0000ff">Miller</font>, so does anybody know a cheaper place than these guys on <font color="0000ff">Miller</font> products?

Cyber Weld

Art- Hobart is the same line as Miller, just different colors...Steve B. has the Handler 135 & I have a Handler 175.

Kraig- Just sell some RARE item on ebay...you will get your $129.

Ryan, I don'tthink any of the parts I want to sell qualify as rare! :eek:(

My neighbor has a Hobart Handler 175, he says I can use it any time I need it. Too bad I don't know how to weld. :eek:( Yet........ :eek:)

Ryan-
Yea, Thanks. I knew that you and Steve were running the 135 and 175 Hobarts.

I was told that Miller and Hobart are the same basic machines, but Miller does have a bit more durability built in on some of the key drive components as well as more copper conductors instead of aluminum inside. Not sure if it's true, but that's what I've heard from two different sources.

Seems as though Miller is about 13% higher in price than a Hobart, so I guess you pay for it regardless.

My biggest consideration is to get the 175, or the 210 as I've got a large project in mind that may necessitate a large welder at some point, and I think the 210 would cover it. Not to mention the "can you ever have too much power" argument...
happy.gif

At --

BRwelder
BRwelder#2

When I bought my USED Miller Bobcat local with 16 Onan , I could have bought a NEW one with 20 Kohler from them for $400 more and delivered to my shop.
I bought my Century spool gun from BR 6 years ago.

This helps too !
"FREE SHIPPING IN THE 48 STATES"

ART -- no you can't EVER have to much power ! If you can turn it down when needed
happy.gif

I like my Century 225 MIG , it's cheaper than Miller or Hobart and it'll do the same work and sometimes more ! It's all copper too. They don't have a 225 now , they went up to 250 a couple years after I bought mine.

ART - I have a Miller-Matic 185, the earlier model of the M-M 210. NICE machine. The 210 with Spoolgun would be my recommendation if You can afford the $$$$. Don't forget to save a couple hundered Dollars for the CO2/Argon tank so You can really MIG as opposed to the gasless process with flux cored wire. The Century Welder Ken has are very good too. In fact Snap-On's welders are relabeled Century's. But since my Employer sold Century Electric a couple years ago I can't recommend them....just kidding. I looked REAL closely at them before I bought My Miller. My advise would be to look at Your local welding supply place, Bentley Welding in My case, in Madison and about 1-1/2 miles from where I work in Brookfield and they should be able to come very close to Cyberweld's price. Plus the advice they can give you on wire, gas, the perishables to keep on hand, when parts need to be replaced, IF welding is even the right way to produce something, ALL adds to the value that the local welding supply shop adds for very little more $$$$. And You'll be going there for gas anyhow. Cyberweld sells tanks but they're empty. I'd buy whatever The welding supply shop carries parts for. Miller, Hobart, even Lincoln, ESAB. Some of the cheap Lincoln's have welding guns that take Special replacement parts (read Expensive!) while Miller's are compatible with Tweco, the welding Industry standard. FWIW, EVERY production facility I have ever been into that does a LOT of welding has used Miller welders.

Art, you may already know about it but there is a welding supply store right across the street from Fleet Farm in Hudson. I've never stopped in to see what all they sell, I'm hoping you'll do it for me. :eek:)

Wahoo! I picked up my CC 86 today!
beerchug.gif
Ser. # 481996 with the 38A Rotary Deck.

I'm tickled beyond belief!
dizzy.gif

And it runs like a champ! Will post a picture or two later this evening.

I just got this in an email from Pat Irlbeck:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Jerry G

Kraig is correct....you must change the rear gear box pulley over too the wide one also. I also think there may be two different tiller belts for a 82 series.....early ones with the cast iron rear end and later ones with the aluminum rear end and Cat O 3pt. How much too short is the belt? If it is close the wider pulley may make just enough difference. There are a few different wide frame mule drives also....it may be just a matter of finding the right one.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Back