• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, I'm having a tough time posting the pics all at once, so have resorted to doing it one at a time.
All torn apart:

59274.jpg

59275.jpg

In 1979, IH had a program where the purchase of one of their big 4WD tractors earned you a free Scout ("4plus4 deal"). A free Cub Cadet with a smaller tractor purchase is plausible.

Assembly after about 5 coats or 1/2gal of paint
bouncy.gif
. We also shot a cover coat (tires and rims off of course) to get the spots where bolts scuffed the paint. I also splurged and bought the 901 white that was correct for the tractor. It was the PPG and I was apprehensive because I remember reading in here that other who bought it said it looked too gray. I compared the old to the new and its a dead on match.

59285.jpg

59286.jpg

And from the "How did this get in here?" department
dunno.gif
, here's a picture of my dad's H that he redid in 2001. Not one to put it on blocks, he still uses it regularly towing wagons full of elementary school kids during farm tours. It took 2nd place in our local Grange Fair 6 years ago, and has even appeared in Parade magazine (usually in your Sunday paper). I'll post that picture soon, but in the meantime enjoy and thanks for humoring me.
59289.jpg

Testing 1 2 3.
Ok, I hope I am at the right place. I got chased from the lawn tractor thread because I own a 122 "Garden" tractor. I had no idea.
I bought this K-301 powered 122 from a friend who needed the money. Now, I am getting buried up to my ears in information and it's addicting. I am starting to like it.
So, I went to New York all the way from Lancaster, PA. to buy a snowthrower for this money pit. (can I say "Money Pit"?)
The problem is, this tractor runs better than anything I have ever driven to cut grass! It was sitting in a field buried in weeds, as well as being a home for a small garter snake. It is rusty, and the seat is rotten, as are the tires (dry rot, but still holding air). It started right up, and ran so smooth, I couldn't believe it.
Then, I found this wonderful forum, (all except for the lawn tractor thread.)
bazooka.gif

So now in addition to collecting and repairing old guitar amplifiers, I now have inherited a new toy to fix.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Still here?
Ok, I need a new seat, tires, a manual for the snowthrower, and I should rebuild the whole tractor as well as restore it. But right now I am having too much fun riding it! I will research here and then I will accumulate parts and information over the summer, and before the snow, I plan to tear it down and rebuild it. Then, next spring, I will tear it down again and paint it. Or maybe, I'll just keep playing with it and never do anything.
Thanks for reading.

My 2 cents on lurkers. In the "old" days I was really into learnin' all I could about my tractor and enjoyed sharing all I had learned. Now, it's become "SOS" and look in the "FAQ", I still check in once a week or more but, just don't seem to participate when you aren't here so often. I guess I became a lurker along the way. LOL. When I signed up, Kentucky had bought a lathe here in New England and couldn't find reasonable transportation so he sold it to Jim C., I had visited Jim C's place and was able to see that lathe run! Now, let's see who remembers that one! Besides Jim and KentuckyKen.

Lee,
In my excitement I forgot to post what Cub the pitures are of
bash.gif
, but they're of a 122. You've come to the right place in that the regulars in here (old age jokes aside) have probably forgotten more than I know about these workhorses. Welcome!

Randy S., very nice job!
thumbsup.gif
Welcome to the forum, I probably missed saying that when you first posted.
happy.gif
groupwave.gif

Lee, welcome to the forum!
groupwave.gif
Oh yeah these Garden tractors were very well made. For all the parts you are looking for you'll get the best results posting the specifics in the classifieds, sorry to keep pointing you to the various forum areas but they are there for a reason, once you spend some time looking around the site, you'll find it isn't that hard to figure out. Also shoot me an email I might be able to help out with some of your requests. Ummm, old guitar amps, how old and what brands? I have a 1977 Fender Twin Reverb with Fender JBL speakers that I bought new. Well, almost new, the store used it as a demo model for a short time.
happy.gif

Mike, Ah the old days. Would this be the lathe?

Archive bug!
angry.gif
pcwhack.gif
rant.gif

Latest posts

Back