• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 18, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad price for the 23-8.50x12's. Think I paid $65-$70/ea. for Mine just before PD #1. I got them at the local discount tire shop on the other side of town. There was something like THREE tires left in the whole country....

Lonnie should check out the OTHER special sizes of Firestone's they have, several 15 & 16 inch rim diameter wheels.

Dale,

That is a 6x12 dual tire on my 122, it is a bit smaller than the Firestones like Steve said. I thought the pic was a perfect example of showing the Dual as extra weight. The pic of the other cub has 6x12s on both duals, and it's a good pic showing the duals both working.

I would buy Firestones 23 degree Ags before buying any others the next time I need some. Firestone Duals would be my choice!

One thing you plowing experts did not mention it the importance of having a shined up plow, getting it shined to a mirror like finish will make it MUCH easier to pull and it will roll dirt over much nicer. Steve touched on the land area. I said 'plow experts' becuase you guys have forgotten more than I know about plowing.

One of the best things a guy can do before coming to a plow day is work on shining your plow up. Many of the guys at a plow day can and will help with final adjustments but if your plow's moldboard, etc is rusty it will be much harder to pull.

Geez I posted 2 times this week and failed to mention Art's name....... <font size="-2">Hey, Art I did not learn anything about plowing from you...</font>

Had a little issue with the 73 last night while plowing. Shortened version is the wiring harness (only 4 months old) got wrapped in the driveshaft and ripped the negative terminal off the battery. What's your thoughts about soldiering the terminal back together ?

Would rather buy a new battery even though this one is less than a year old but already going to spend too much gas driving to Jersey this weekend to pick up a 1450.

ok guys i got a ? for ya will a h42 snow blower fit my 982 or what thats all the info i got thats what the guy told me it is thanks again guys

the Haban H42 or H48 will fit the 982. I had one for my 1872, it took a special triangle piece to lift it. It made it change from pull to lift to push to lift. I think Kraig has the literature, but I know that Mike Masharis has it.

Ryan, now that you mention that, I do vaguely recall that.... I'm not sure where I put it though.
bash.gif

I did find THIS POST where Art had a 982 with an H42....

From the H42/H48 Operator's Manual.

114959.jpg

are they 2 stage or one i also found a red 682 i might go get this weekend for 200 bucks i dont know if it runs or not but thats ok i want all the 682 an the 1282 in red i have the 782 an the 982

Latest posts

Back