• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ralf check pin on rear rag joint to see if it`s broken. also is it full of fluid. with engine running use a gauge in #3 in drawing to see if its building pressure if the drive shaft is turning and no pressure could be relief valve stuck or pin by rag joint broken

I'm trying to install a suction tube on a 125 rearend, and not having much luck with it. Do I have to separate the pump and the transaxle, or is there some way to coax it on there? It's one of the loooooong suction tubes that goes up over the top of the driveshaft and back down again. Thanks!

PSA,
I've had several emails asking what happened yesterday.

Seems we exceeded our usage limits of one gigabyte of transfer and along with the hail storm out east, things got locked up.
Which means that there's a crap load of people visiting the site on a daily bases!
Now if we could just get those LURKERS to post once and a while!

Sooooo, we've been upgraded to 3 Gig with an automatic upgrade in case we hit that limit, so we're set for NO MORE lockups.
biggrin.gif

When we hit the 3 Gig ceiling, we'll just go to a dedicated server.

n00b.gif
I'll admit, for the most part, I'm just a LURKER.
lurking.gif
but in my defense... I grew up being told
old.gif
"Close your mouth and open your ears, you'll learn more." Granted, I was a smart-ass little brat and I heard that alot... but eventually it sunk in. So until I have something intelligent to contribute... I quietly observe and try to learn.

So for those with the knowledge who do share with everyone, Thank-you.
worthy.gif
worthy.gif
worthy.gif

I greatly enjoy the forum and check in everyday.
I also want to thank the guy's that take the time to answer people's questions.
beerchug.gif

Can't forget Kraig with the pictures either!!
biggrin.gif

On the topic of hydrostatic drives I have a 125 that I bought as a second to my 124 several years ago. The lever to release it so that you can push it around was not there when I bought it. At the time I was un-aware of it missing or that it was ever there. The tractor moves very easy, mater of fact too easy. When on a slight incline the park brake has to bee used to keep it from free wheeling. I realize it should have the lever however should it be able to move at all without it. I have another brand
thumbdown.gif
hydrostat mower that will not move no matter how hard you push it without releasing the drive. Is it possible some one has modified my 125? Thanks in advance.
groupwave.gif
groupwave.gif

Pat Keenan

On your question about the Moog kit Iso rubbers, I have answered that question many times both on Forums and by Email. I don't know how many agree with me but here is a condensed version of what I posted back in 2003.

I would like to answer your question on ISO mounts. There is some misconception on this issue. Napa or any Auto parts store doesn't sell the motor mounts for Cub Cadets; they sell rubber grommets that were designed for car sway bars. Years ago someone and I don't know exactly who it was found out that the Moog sway bar kit K5252 contained rubber grommets that could be used in place of the official Cub Cadet ISO mounts and they were only a fraction of the cost of the correct ones you get at Cub Cadet Dealers. One of the other reasons people were looking for a substitute was the new Cub Cadet ISO mounts were stiffer and caused more vibration when you tightened them down to the specs that were recommended. I like many others have tried them and they do work. It takes two kits to do the 4 mounts.

After using those substitute mounts for some time I found them to also be too stiff and cause more vibration than I liked. I have since removed them and use different methods now. I have several different recommendations and I also recommend doing the rail modification before you replace the Iso mounts.

1. Buy 4 new Cub Cadet ISO mounts and replace the ones on your cub. Instead of tightening the bolts to the recommendation that comes with them, only tighten the nuts to the point that about one thread is showing on the top of the nut. I usually replace the lock nuts or use some Locktite on them. There will be some vibration but it will get better with time.

2. My preferred recommendation is when I can find 4 good old ISO rubbers on the tractor when I pull the engine. Usually the 4 old rubbers that were on the top of the rail will still be good as the weight was on the 4 on the bottom. I use the 4 good old ISO rubbers on the bottom and I buy one Moog kit and use those 4 rubbers on the top. This will give me the least vibration and the most economical ISO mount replacement. (note: The original IH Iso Mounts were identical top and bottom, the new ones are different top to bottom.)

Here is a picture of the way I do it.

59253.jpg

Listening to the Cub Cadet Commercials, they mention a free mower with purchase. Are there many of these still around? Any pics? I figure that this is on-topic since they were a free accesory at the time. Brian L

Thanks Digger. Just wondering what they looked like. I've seen the last (modern) one.

After listening to those commercials I would take a guess that the free rotory mower they refer to would be infact the mower deck as it is now commondly refered to.
I belive the mower decks where an option during the purchase of the IH Cub Cadets.

But I could be totaly wrong too.

I have to agree with Lonny, the free mower is the mower deck. Here's a portion of the order form from the 125 when my parents bought it new in 1969, note that the mower deck and snowthrower are priced separately. Remember you could get a 38", a 42" or a 48" deck back then. I bet they only gave the 38" deck as a free one.

59262.jpg

Charlie, Hmmmm, I don't recall that. Not saying they didn't offer it just that I don't recall it.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back