• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 30, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff B:
Ewwwwwwwww..... looks like we know now where the bear... uhhh - never mind. (I can't figuire out from that picture what I'm looking at, other than the part that's yellow must be Cub..)

Long time no post but I read the forum daily. My 129 is doing weekly duty as a mowing machine on 2 acres. Quite a machine compared to today's offerings. I'd also like to thank all of the forum's sponsors. I think I have bought something from most of them. Thank you CC Specialties for the prompt delivery of my latest order.

Jeff, front axle pivot pin moved forward because of broken bolt/pin?

that yellow bar has the pto belt tensioning pully connected to it. on the front of the engine

Jeff, I wonder if that actually belongs there, as, did a PO hammer that in there to get rid of vibration or some other obscure problem??
As Kendell noted, pls take another pix from a little further back.

here are pics of the mystery part i circled the part
167635.jpg

167636.jpg

Jeff B.-

Those 2nd two don't help much...in the first pic, the mule drive obscures the part, and in the 2nd one, your camera decided to focus on something other than what you are trying to show. From the first picture you posted initially, it looks like the axle pivot pin has slid forward because the roll pin holding it in is missing. I hope that it hasn't wrecked the bushing in the frame on the other side. What's the back side of the axle pivot look like?

Richard P.-

I spent Weds/Thurs taking finals for my summer classes, Friday at the Oshkosh Airshow, and today at a swap meet, so no Cub time...I'm probably going to pull the head off and see if I can see anything obvious.

Matt Gonitzke,
Hey the last time you disappeared you were in China! Last I knew you had an excellent engine "smoking". Then poof. Gone.

Dave and Matt you guys are correct axel pivit pin, so do i try to slide it back and re-rollpin it or do i need to disasble it. I need it to make it thru the summer as i plan on tearing down this winter. i feel silly thinking it was part of the engine
bash.gif

Jeff B.-

That depends on what the other side looks like. It looks to me like it slid out far enough such that the axle pivot pin is only supported in the frame by the front bushing. If this is the case, you could be dealing with a bent frame and a really galled up rear bushing. Take a look at what the bushing on the other side looks like as I mentioned before. At any rate, you need to fix that ASAP so something isn't damaged further. The front axle pivot bushing isn't going to last long with the front axle cantilevered like that.

Latest posts

Back