Archive through July 12, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
127 <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>
227479.jpg

My adjuster is between the lever and the sheave but the belt has never jumped off and the spring is sandwiched between two nuts on a longer bolt Don.
The left sheave looks like the belt would come off from the angle it seems to be at.
I've got to do a steering box rebuild and put the ol' boy back to work.

Paint question. I bought a can of Cub Cadet White 759-3259 at the dealer. I was told this was for the eary 70's Cadets. It is more creamy than white. Is this the correct color? Seems more creamy than the other white stuff I have. Please correct me with the proper paint code. Thanks!

KENtuckyKEN

Ken & kraig
yep I thought it might be a PO mod ,I have other sub frames here that are like the one that Ken posted ,so I think this is not correct.Well it is off my 147 and did mow grass lol. Something to think about ! when A belt is installed on a deck and I have to remove it I always mark the rotation that they go on the pulleys.I think they stretch and work better if reinstalled the same rotation . any thoughts on this ? or am I just blowing smoke here lol. Have a great day.
I just mowed my lawn and I`am enjoying a cold one !

Luther Ray Hinds (Lhinds) -- I just wanted to say thanks for this idea!! I never thought about the rust on the mule drive and deck throwing the belt. I done exactly what you saide to do and I ust got done mowing my entire yard (ABOUT 2ACRES) and the belt stayed on the whole time!!

Also here is a link to my Cub Cadet page on Facebook, would love for some of you to come over there and join up with us and help us out over there.--> http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Harvester-Cub-Cadets/303288945728

Thanks for all the help from all the others here at the forum!! Been a long time since I had posted here, but ya'll made it so easy from the get go I'll probably just stay here from now on.

Don, yes, the rotation of the belt DOES make a difference. Way back in the early days of this forum, forum member David Schmidt posted about that one spring. His post was very timely as shortly after he posted it I installed my mower and had issues with it throwing the belt. I recalled his posts and reversed the belt and all was well. At least it was until my sub-frame wore out and then I had to have my good friend Art do the welding I mentioned in my post last night to Cory.

Cory - It takes an old rusty *art like Luther to know that
old.gif

Glad ya got her back to work.

That "loader" on your facebook made with angle iron ... did he ever tell you how bad it folded up the first time he tried to load some dirt or gravel ?

Kraig - Belts would take a "set" and stretch more on one side sorta like tires on a car when it comes to rotating them.

Wayne,

Your description of the spacer made something click for me. I think there is a chance that I may actually have the spacer! Is this it? I sure hope it is, because the spacer is listed as NLA. If it is the spacer, then I think I can sort everything out with a new bolt, nut, and washers from the hardware store.

227493.jpg

227494.jpg

Thanks to all so far for the photos and assistance. I really do appreciate it! With any luck I can have my 147 up and cutting the same day I receive the new idlers.

Latest posts

Back