• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 10, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron & Vince, have you checked the S/N tag on the 1450 with the K341 to be sure that it is a 1450? Perhaps someone changed the 1650 side panels to 1450 side panels...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Kraig,

It would have to have been more than just the side panels. The decal that has the model number is affixed to the side of the fiberglass dash, behind where the hood closes. The only decal on the removable side panels is the blue and black stripe that is the same on all quietlines (with the exception of the 1100 I believe, which did not come with side panels). The decals that have any wording on them is the Hood (which says International Cub Cadet) and the decal that lines up with it on the dash (with the model number and Hydrostatic, if so equipped). So it could be 1 of three things they did (at least in my opinion) is

1: Replace the dash with another dash from a different quietline hydro.
2: Replace the decals after a paint job.
3: Replaced the engine due to a failed K321 or just wanted more power.

I agree, they need to check the model code and see what the chassis is, 1450 or 1640.

Well, you guys sure stir up things lol.

My dad went to buy a 1450 at a VERY good price, he looked at the motor, and upon seeing it was a K341 he pulled out cash as fast as he could.

In my backyard I had a 1650 roller, my dad came and got it and is using the best of both to make himself a very nice 1650! Yes he's using the 1650 dash pedestal.

It won't be a 100 point restoration, and it might not be perfectly back to IH specs - this was long ago decided by the previous owner when my dad saw the K341. But it will be a very nice running Cub Cadet with awesome tires!!! I can't wait to PLOW with it!

HARRY - It gets complicated. But brand & model decals were created with marketing input. Some decals were legally required like the patent decals and warning decals. Then engineering wanted decals highlighting service points, like the grease zerk on the frt of the driveshaft on the '61 to '63 CC's. All those decals were drawn, artwork approved, sourced, added to bills of material, and costs added to the machine.

BUT then the plant wanted to reduce the cost of production as much as possible, but still build a marketable product. For the most part, IH plants didn't really have "drawing control", Hinsdale Engineering did... Hinsdale didn't care HOW the machines got built... just as long as they were built correctly....The plants had to create the processes to build the machines efficiently.

As the CC models evolved over the years, more decals were used and the decals had mulitple colors, read "more expensive". Marketing was winning the battle of "More is better". On the large FARMALL tractors, decals were replaced with stamped metal emblems for name & model identification... VERY expensive, then they went back to decals in the late 1970's.

It all depends on "percieved value", what a customer is willing to pay for. Simple marketing 101.

Tried to make it to the Penfield, IL show today....but turned around when the state highway had 6" of water running over it.......no fun looking at tractors in a mud bowl while soaking wet!!!!

Better luck next year I guess!?!?!?!?

Nah charlie its just trying to teach its young one, We all Know that IH's eat <font color="119911">John Venisons</font>

Hi guy I've got a Hyd lift on my 100 and I'm having a problem with it only lifts up and won't go down. Is there any adjustment on the valve?

Latest posts

Back