• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 15, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
JASON - K161 was a seven HP, and was the engine that should be in a '61 to '63 Cub Cadet. Even back in the early 60's most Cub Cadets were elec. start. Sounds like You need to contact one of the sponsors and get a clutch/brake pedal return spring.
Also there were actually two versions of K161's, some of the early spec numbers had 2-7/8" bore and the later versions had 2-15/16" bore. All had 2-1/2" stroke. When the K181 (8 hp) was produced it only had the 2-15/16" bore and 2-3/4" stoke.

We never talk about them here because IH/Cub Cadet never used them but Kohler also made a 4 HP K91 and a 6-1/4 hp K141 that other lawn & garden companies (Wheel Horse comes to mind) used in lawn & garden tractors.

Hello John De and welcome from another Florida Boy.
I don't know squat about paint but someone here will help you out. Repost your question and keep your toe in the water.

hello all the 1450 made it home last night sorry no pictures yet it took about an hour and the little fella was headed across the yard peerin like a kitten wow what a tractor im still smilein
bouncy.gif

James D., do you mean this decal?

88848.jpg

If so I do not believe that any of the sponsors have this decal (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong) I bought this one from someone on ebay.

I know I bought a new air cleaner decal when I had my 100, but that was years ago. I thought Madson's had them...

Bryan, ah the correct police, to some extent I used to be one of them. If one's goal is to have a factory correct tractor I'm happy to help steer them that way. These days it seems most just want to have a tough good looking and operating tractor. I'd like my refurbished (note I didn't write restored) tractors to be close to factory but not exactly. If it's a slight shade different in color that's OK with me as long as it's close. If it has some stainless steel hardware that's OK. I'm not refurbishing them for anyone but me. If one of them ends up at a Plow Day I wont be offended if someone points out a non-original detail. Yeah sometimes I miss the correct police too and some days I'm torn when I decide to, or have to, compromise on my tractors.

Darren, we're gonna need photos of that 1450....

Bryan, perhaps Madson's still does have them. I was sent to ebay when I inquired "where can I get one?" from another prominent forum member....
blush.gif

The saga on the 106 begins, life is good at the Corn's, and Pops is happy.

John Debree: I used enamel reducer from an Auto Parts store.

Pops

Jason Burge,

On my Original when the pedal wouldn't come all the way up I just sprayed down the shaft where it goes through the frame with PB Blaster and moved it back and forth by hand to break up the crud. Then I sprayed with silicone and worked it again. Then I finished up with white lithium spray and it works great now. I didn't have to replace the return spring either.

My 100 was a different story. The pin that holds the brake lever for the internal brake was rusted so that it wouldn't allow much travel and was binding the movement. I too had to pull the pedal up with my foot. I sprayed the pin down a lot and drove it back and forth with a punch to break it free. I was missing the return spring and installed one from a hardware store and it works great now.

Check all parts that should be moving and lube them up and check the spring as suggested by another poster.

Good luck,
Keith

Good Day all you happy Cubers. I was away but my good Friend Frank C up there in Portage Maine has sent some of my latest buys to me here in Nova Scotia. I now have everything to get my 125 running and some lights i wanted for my Original.Life is good. Thanks SO much Frank. Have a great day
animatedihbear.gif

88851.jpg

Don T., nice care package! I like the flag.
happy.gif
Hmmm, if I might play correct police for a moment. If those engine parts are for your 125 the heat shield is NOT the correct part. I believe that is for a 1x2/3. It should work fine on your 125, but it ain't correct.
happy.gif

88853.jpg

James D- I recently purchased one of the air cleaner decals from a guy locally who makes them and other decals.

Well kraiq i never did worry about that much, just want all 8 running and my loader painted. Got 2 bags of glass for stripping old paint.I will get at the 129 and the O as soon as i get the 125 running . She is the last one that i brought home that still has not run .I will be running around the yard soon on her.I still have not found a sole that will sell me the proper Throttle cable for my O. But now i know i can buy the casing and the center here local. so i`ll make what i need. You know that the correct police must have a better place to buy there parts, I just want my Cubs to be all that they can be..... LOL .. Later Don T
animatedihbear.gif

Hey Guys...A quick question or two.. Are the deck spindles from the cast end decks [like used on a model 71 and 122] interchangeable and usable on the later quick-tache decks as used on on the model 72 and 126?

Thanks for any help.

John Mitchell
Cecilia, Ky.

I have a mower deck here and need the spindle. hope you can see Charlie what one works on it.Thanks Don T
88857.jpg

Don: You might need a roller, too! Glad the packages got there OK - and pretty quickly, too.
Kraig: I thought the flag was a nice touch.
guitarist.gif

Kraig, t5hanks for the kind words on the "correct police". They would burn me at the stake!

Art -

Nice find on the box blade! I'm sure you'll have that cobbled stuff off and the correct "IH 3 pt" tabs on there in no time! Lemme know when I can borrow it. Hey, your driveway is blacktop!

Craig, I already tried to get it from him, why he wants it I have no idea.
dunno.gif
I think it'd look great behind one of my Cubs.
happy.gif

Frank,
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back