• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 15, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McGiver, Oooooo, I like the sounds of that!
buttrock.gif

Hello folks, I have a little problem. I'm tired of starting my 149 with a screwdriver. The key broke off in the ignition some time back and I have just been living with it. Is there a trick to getting the broken piece out? Or maybe a way to re-attach the broken end with something like jb weld? Actually I just had a thought of maybe using some crazy glue to glue it back to just the key and maybe that will pull it out? Any other suggestions other than replacing the switch?
Thanks,
Chip

Chip T.
The last time that happened to me, I took an cheap pair of needle nose pliers, ground the tip down a LOT and grabbed the left over key part and pulled it right out.
The other thing when that doesn't work is to remove the whole switch and tap it enough to get hold of it with pliers.
thumbsup_old.gif

Thanks Charlie, that sounds like a plan and as luck would have it I just came across a cheap pair of needle nose pliers the other day and threw them in the tool box. I knew there would be use for them.

On a good note that key is easy to get. IH used the same key in all kinds of stuff.
Yup Charlie you are going to keep the young folks guessing. Don't want them using THOSE allen wrenches on PTO setscrews! Was that the first stuff we got from China???

Question on my Original... want to change check the oil.....how much goes in and how do you check the level??

Thanks !!!!!!

wait wut are suppossed to use on the set screws if not allen wrenches?

Micheal, they were just a VERY cheap brand name of tool. Metal was wayyyyy to soft for tough jobs. Globemaster makes Harbor Freight look great.

Michael J, a couple of useful tools are... a bolt strecher, BFH, a TR double E, and a full bucket of steam
rofl.gif

Latest posts

Back