• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 06, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Wow, lots of catching up to do on here. Last week I was battling computer issues
pcwhack.gif
which are ongoing this week.
destroy.gif
Also I was out of town on Friday and Saturday and then with the 4th... Anyway, I'm back, kind of. I still need to get my PC back in order, lots of programs to install. Not to worry, the Photo Archives were never in danger.
wink.gif

LUCAS - I'm sure MATT's going to use the stock 682 4-gal. plastc gas tank.

DON T. - I never got to drive a Corvair. But I did test drive a new VEGA at the local Chevy dealer the night they were introduced. I was pretty "un-impressed". Couple years later I got to drive a Buddy's Vega GT. Don't know what He did to it but it would "FLY"!

I did briefly look at a new PINTO in about '72. That was "BFTBC", or Before The Bus Crash. Then I almost bought a '68 El Camino till I saw an old co-worker's '70 NOVA for sale, little 307 SB, 3-speed manual with Hurst shifter, Ralley Wheels, dark blue & black vinyl top. Guy was marrying a neigbor girl He'd dated for several years. First month I had the car I was amazed how many REALLY cute girls would honk & wave when they'd see my car. I always wondered how many had spent time in the back seat of that car?!?! ;-0

Question for any that may know the answer like Paul B, Hydro Harry, Myron, Rolland, Charlie, Bryan... IH sold the CC line to MTD in '80 and inventory transfer took place in summer of '81 and the Cub Cadet Corp. was formed. ANYONE know or remember what the amount of cash transfer was from that sale? I haven't done an internet search yet, just thought someone would have that figure readily available.

Do any of you know what the paint codes are for the HABAN sickle mowers? I have what I believe is a 1968 402-D (red & white). It looks close to IH red & white. Ive done some searches online but not much info.

Dennis Frisk
those Novas were a sweet car and there is still a few around here,but mostly 6 cylinder taken out and a 350 installed. Had a 1969 6cyl three on the tree myself. Still have two sets of ram horn manifolds in my garage lol.

Hauled some more lumber home for the Cub shed and will use my Cub today to haul firewood later,its spouse to get real hot and muggy here the next few days with record temps with humidity.
yikes.gif

Kraig

I love my back up drive that connects by usb and updates daily, I use it for all my pictures and Cub related info. I would be pi$$ed if I lost all that info for sure. Good luck on the confusher
destroy.gif
pcwhack.gif
old.gif

BOB P. - My Buddy has a Haband sickle mower on an off-topic tractor. The mower hasn't been used much at all. Been 6-7 months since I saw it and really wasn't paying much attention but I'd say the red was more like Simplicity orange than IH 2150 red. And the white was kinda an off-white, maybe about like a Brinley white or FMC Wimbleton white. I was able to find my buddy an operator's & parts manual but your correct, Haband info is tough to find.

DON T. - Not much difference between a '69 & '70 Nova. Mine was V-8 & floor shifter from the factory. Wish Mine had been a 350-4BBL but I doubt I'd have gotten the 18-20 mpg on the highway then. I didn't mention the fact this car burned a quart of oil every 200-250 miles the whole time I owned it and eventually as quick as every 125 miles. Stupid Chevy idea of what a valve stem seal should be! Evidently the engine had over-heated some before I got it. The o-rings over the valve stems were hard & brittle. I had a local shop replace them once. They had all the stuff to do it with the heads still on the block in the car. I watched him do one head and took maybe ten minutes. Bet I drove 700 miles before I had to add any oil. Valve guides were wore and chewed the new o-rings up quick and that's when it started burning a quart every 125 mi. I carried a case of 24 quarts in the trunk. About twice a year I'd screw on a new AC PF-35 oil filter and consider the oil "changed".

There's a good(?) cast iron 2 bbl intake manifold and a pair of stock exh. manifolds in the rafters of Dad's old garage down home. I think the ZOOM HD clutch is up there too. I know I replaced the clutch at least twice, maybe 3 times. I put an early Edlebrock Streetmaster alum. intake, Cyclone equal length headers & header mufflers on it, had some off-brand traction bars I had to "Modify" to install. The engine already had a larger CFM 2-bbl Rochester carb off a '69 350 V-8 on it when I got it. Worst thing that happned was when one of the mono-leaf rear springs broke while I was in Chicago one weekend. Had to replace both rear springs with 4-leaf packs when I got home. With the air shocks it rode like a lumber wagon! It was kinda quick for what it was, I chased a guy in a '68 383-powered Charger around town one night with my buddy's cute little sister in it. He was trying to loose me but I could catch him pretty easy when I tried, and he couldn't loose me when I wasn't trying.

You YOUNG Guys who have never driven a car with some speed potential with four wheel DRUM brakes don't know what a THRILL it is. My '88 Mustang 5.0L which was notorious for bad brakes would stop and accelerate back to 60 mph in less distance than this Nova would STOP from say 90 mph. The brakes would start fading before it slowed to 40 mph. Car was manual steering & brakes, no A/C, tilt, cruise, or P/W. REAL easy to work on and I worked on it a L-O-T!

Before Charlie kicks all of us off for the OT....
I had a '64 Monza that was perked up quite a bit and was nice looking (all black with all the chrome, flat chrome Astros). My wife, in her previous life, raced with the Chevair Racing team, out of Lansing - headed by Dick Griffen, who knew how to make Spyders fly (they cleaned up in class action at several of the old NHRA summer Nats). I've still got the NHRA checkered flag that she and ex-hubby got for their L Stock automatic class win, in a 4 door 'Vair.. ( The other thing Dick knew was how to read the old NHRA rule book on weight breaks..).

Sorry Charlie.....it's the heat making our minds wander from the true object of our affection.
banned1.gif

Bob P... here is a picture of my Haban 402-E for reference if it helps any. this unit was a dealer display for many years, it has a few dings here and there but is for the most part a "survivor" like some people would call it. hope these help
193466.jpg

193467.jpg

193468.jpg

Justin, could you post some pics of how you routed you exaust.

Made some progress on my o today got the stering together nexed static timing and clutch rebuild.

Charlie, you dont need the 'wall butt' icon today. Find one with an icecream cone melting! 94* at 12:50 in the shade. 110*+ in the sun !
Kraig, did your computer poop itself when it tried to configure a 1Tb HD ? Probabily asked itself who parked a tractor trailer in its drive bay.
jawdrop.gif

Just checked my electric power...120v normal, now at 109 volts. Power companies really humpin it today.

WOW!!!....I guess our little 82 degrees here in sunny Florida is not so bad.....Humidity is the killer....

Cubs..Cubs...

I bought a 73 nova in the service me an my brother both came home on leave in that thing. That was a great trip.
cub cub cub cub cub cub cub cub cub cub cub cub

Why does fuel spit out of carburator when trying to start engine it is a K301.
Ron

Allen, nope. It's been acting strange lately and I thought it was the 120GB main drive starting to go. But it turned out to be a virus. What ever it is it doesn't want to go away easily so I decided to do a fresh install of the operating system. Now I need to install the various programs that I use and finish tweaking my settings. We do have stacks of 80GB, 120GB, 500GB, 640GB, 1TB, 1.5TB and 2TB drives setting around here for testing with our equipment.

No time yet to work on the broken PTO on my #2 125. I did however replace the mower deck gauge wheels on the main 42" deck and I did dig out an older PTO that I think is complete and functional that I think I will swap with the broken one. I sure hate hot humid weather.
angry.gif

Lucas: i will shoot a vid and a coupe pics. its a really simple setup, only thing that costs a bit is the muffler

DAVE - Some day when We all meet up at a Plow Day We better discuss you & your brother's road trip. CHARLIE looks to be suffin' from the heat too!

At least here in WI Paul R. & I have a "dry Heat", only 82 degrees @ Noon and 77% humidity.

Think I'll keep all the Cubbies in the sheds today. They handle the heat & humidity MUCH better than that I do.

Dennis
beerchug.gif
took 4 days to get from Norfork VA to Prophetstown IL. Thats pretty much the whole story as I remember it.

Latest posts

Back