• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 03, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter R,
Old Joe, my 123 has had modification to it too.
36318.jpg

Just remember guys and gals,
There's a reason we're still here to celebrate Independence Day!
36322.jpg

And the numbers keep rising.

Good morning Cub Fans: I hope this is the right place to post this! Been browsing your sight off and on for a couple years now it has been very interesting.

A little introduction from me. My name is Ben Corn but, go by Pops. I am 56 years old live in Wabash In. retired firefighter and Coordinator of Maintenance and Housekeeping at Wabash County Hospital.

My passion for Cub Cadets started in 1972 with my first brand new 108, used it for years mowing and pulling. Tractor did great in both aspects. Later purchased an old 70 for my young son to pull. After moving to a bigger yard bought a 1450 with a 1 bottom plow, rototiller, little disk, ect. Tractor was good but valve problems and a few other things I traded for a 782 my all time favorite. Now that was a tractor w/54 mower deck loved it.

Well many hours of use and abuse got the bug and traded for a 1863 w/3pt hitch new rototiller and snow blower. Like it but it not as good as the 782. Last week bought my Mother in Laws (orginal owner) Cub 1000, 300 hrs, 1976. Hadn't run for 9 years but after 2 days of love and care had the old tractor out mowing the yard. Plans on restoring it, yep maybe a little pulling, and just having fun. Couple small problems but will be worked out soon.

I do have a nice heated shop and while in the process of rebuilding the Cub also restoring a 1959 Chevy Apache 3100 pick up stepside.

Hope to be a help to some and will have a million questions for all of you. Yes I am excited!!

Pops aka Ben Corn

Pops,
Welcome to the forum. I'll betcha you've taken your share of jokins over the years ain't ya!

Pics are always good ya know.
beerchug.gif

Thanks Guys: So glad to be here and a wonderful wealth of information you guys have provided!!

Ok Pics: even tho I run 2 departments my computer savy is very poor. Old timer I guess> LOL. Working on doing a photo book of the Cub and Apache for up dates.

Charlie: with a name of Corn you can only imagine? LOL> Pops comes from my kids and the young bucks on the Fire dept. when I was close to retiring. Prof. Firefighter 21 yrs. plus riding an Ambulance all that time.

Grew up as a farmboy, drove many different flavors of Int. during that period. Def. not a Green Man.

Pops

Hi all, I recently purchased my first cub, a 1967 124 International with K301 12hp. besides a few carb adjustments its been good to me. I am sure I will be looking to you all for help now and then.

Pops,Eric
wave.gif

Pops, thanks for the service on the firedepartment. T

Good morning gang and thanks to all who have welcomed Eric and I!

Now a couple questions I hope this is where I do that. Have looked all over the place for the K number of my 1000 10hp motor also have rebuilt the carb and the blankety blank thing keeps over filling is there a possiblity they sold me the wrong needle valve. Yes I have adjusted the float to all angles and it doesn't make a difference!

Rebuilt the starter this weekend and happy to say it works great!

Also got a manual coming soon, and thanks to some digging "here" got the correct paint codes!

Thank you

Pops

Welcome Pops & Erik...

Pops:

The 1000 should have the following Motor ID:

Model: K-241AQS
Spec: 46734

Hope that helps,

(Message edited by rbedell on July 06, 2006)

Pops, did you check the float to make sure theres no hole in it? i shake the float, if theres fuel in it youll hear it sloshing around. T

Thank you Roland: Yes that does help!!

Also like your picture of your tractor's. I especially love those RED ones.

Pops

Pops, You can download a manual from www.Kohlerengines.com.

Click on "classic engines" on the bottom right of the page

Click on "download manuals" under the title K series.

You should be able to download service manuals and the original owners manuals

T: Yes I did matter fact I got a rebuild kit. 2 Gaskets, new float, new needle valve. But the new needle valve does not slide in the valve body very well. It actually sticks. That is why I was thinking they might have given me the wrong needle.

Even tried cleaning the valve or chute a little doesn't help.

Pops

Pops:

The Carb Repair Kit is: KH-25-755-02
The Float Repair Kit is: KH-25-755-03-S

I had a similar problem with my 1450. I was finding particles working its way down to the needle seat. I took off the tank, totally cleaned it, and the tank shut off valve (w/screen). Cleaned up the carb & install a new kit. Then I installed a gas line filter with a 25 micron rating. Haven't had a problem since.

Pops,
Are you sure the float is floating? Maybe there's a leak. I would think that you could wash the float and put it in a pan of water with a little soap or detergent mixed in to help it find it's way into the hole. Submerge it and look for bubbles, or put a weight on it and leave it overnight to see if any has seeped in. (I personally would use soap and water for safety reasons, but some people insist that the properties are not the same as gas, and the reaction will be different, so they insist on using gas to test it.)
Is there a booger or crack on the seat the float valve hits? A strong light and magnifying glass might work to find out.
Sorry, guess I should have refreshed the screen before I posted...

(Message edited by BMoore on July 06, 2006)

Ah yes a little humor! I love it!!

Ok guys taking everything in. Remember back in the days of taking boiling water and droping a float in. The steam would find the hole quick. But i was figuring with a brand new float it shouldn't have an issue. Yes I know things are not made the same will try those tricks.

Thanks for the part numbers. I always keep a note book by computer and with rebuilding the truck now the cub I write a lot of info down.

I am going to clean the tank good, replace the dry rotted gas hose, and even install a filter. The shut off valve works fine!

You guys are great and I love humor, got to laugh at these crazy hobbies!

Pops

Back