• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 03, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David G:

The two wires for the Hour Meter should be wired as follows:
One wire to Chassis Ground. This should be a Black Wire.
The other wire should be connected to the "I" terminal to your Ignition Switch. As an alternate, there is a "Blue Wire" with a connector on it. It was to be used for the Electric Lift Option. You can tie in here also. This blue wire also goes to the "I" terminal.
Either way, this way it will work.

Matt G,
36351.jpg

Charlie, cool stuff! Oh, BTW, it's tomorrow already......
happy.gif

Paul F., very nice "garden cart",I like it!
happy.gif
I wish I could help with the hydraulic fittings, perhaps Steve B. knows as he's done some mods to his Cubs hydraulics.

Robb,
Just another ole 147, LOL
36355.jpg

And what is it with these CAT seats, this is the 2nd one I've gotten with one on it!

Kraig, I kinda figured that out after I posted!
biggrin.gif

Lynn F,
Did ya notice that BIG C on it?
Until I find out if it's really copyrighted, I don't think I better do to much along those lines. Wouldn't want to get the BIG DOGS PO'd at me ya know.
err.gif

I'm thinkin about making a frame and doing a time line thing with'um though.

(Message edited by Cproctor on July 07, 2006)

Man Kraig: Someplace in this old senile brain that is stiring a memory from days of old. Got to think about that!!!
bash.gif

Paul: Like your Cub set up you going to put an electric lift on that dump bed?

I have to go along on the rear pin on the Hydro had one break on my 782.

Erik: Went to the downloads one thing I didn't realize (bowl vent plugged) never heard of that one! Thank you

Pops

Charlie-

Thanks! That's for the brake style PTO, right? It seems like the tools should be a little different for the two types. Not having seen one, though, I wouldn't know which was which.
happy.gif

Matt,
There very well may be another guide tool for the brake style PTO but I just checked and that pic matches the one I used when i did the 169. The PTO on the 169 works fine, maybe I just got lucky, LOL

Dang Gone THAT just turned the light bulb on. Remeber that on our 460
old.gif

Pops

Mat,
I just went out and checked the two styles and from what I see, there's only one gauge for both.
If not, I'm sure someone will jump in and tell us.
36366.jpg

36367.jpg

Matt, scroll down to the "page 2" image on this website it shows how to adjust the PTO with a brake.

PTO adjusting

Bill J., are those from the Operator's Manual for a Farmall Cub? They look similar to some that were in the Operator's Manual for the Farmall C that my dad used to have.

I think they were in all the old manuals H, C, M ect. The first one was a safety tip for being around the PTO. Second (I think) was a safety tip on not depressing the clutch on down hill travel.

Pops

Kraig, I got them from this manual but they may have been used in others.

36370.jpg

Bill, Ah! I have that manual too. There is a second version of it, (I believe it is an earlier version that I also have), that does not have the images you posted.

Bill James. The first one is identical to one in a 1941 Farmall M owners manual I have. The only difference in the second one is that the M manual depicts an M instead of an A. My guess is that they came from an A Owner's Manual.

Charlie. Ummm... I think that 147 was supposed to have my name on it.
biggrin.gif
(Note to Rob D and self... gotta keep those 147s from all going to Charlie. I want one of those someday.)

Kraig. I've seen those in several IH manuals over the years.

Paul F. Neat!!!

Latest posts

Back