Archive through January 29, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry,
The 1100 <u>was</u> a POS compared to a 1000 or 1200. Also my 800 had the front 4 X 8.00's and 6 X 12 "Skinny's" on the back. It was like having power steering.

Jeff,
Pretty sure the 1100 NEVER had front Hydro. Just a standard run of the mill QL frame.

I don't recall all QL frames with hydraulic holes predrilled? and the 1100 in kraigs pic has holes up front.

Jeff - ya, but we all know how good IH was at air-brushing in and out different features. Hey, I'm wondering about the bent tip on the end of the lift rod - or is it welded
dizzy.gif

Tom - sorry I initially missed your reply. Didn't realize they were actually still delivering the 6-12 skinnys. You had power steering, and probably great traction too.

Really enjoyed your history write-up, Dennis, interesting.
I grew up on a farm in Kansas and we had a '48 Case as our main tractor, an N series Ford, and a small AC for cultivating, and a BG combine. One neighbor had a Johnny Popper, another had a MM. Quite a mixed bag and I don't remember anyone having a Farmall, but I'm sure there was.

Got a little more done on the loader upgrades. I replaced the hydro seal, fixed the trunion spring and slot. Finished the loader back to the axle frame reinforcements, and added the cross brace rock guard. Next item on the list is the loader forward reinforcements.
253011.jpg

253012.jpg

253013.jpg

Harry, a QA36/QA42 Snowthrower will bolt onto a non-Quick Attach Narrow Frame Cub Cadet with no modifications. The QA36A/QA42A snowthrowers, however, have studs for the upper links in the way of the forward mounting holes that would be on the QAxx. The non-QA NF Cubs do not have the Frankenstein bolts that the QA Cubs have and so are out a third possible mounting location. I believe that if the Frankenstein bolts were to be added to the non-QA Cub, the QAxxA would bolt on. Make sense?
dizzy.gif
a_blink2.gif
Or do I have to dig up some photos and draw arrows and circles?
dunno.gif

Terry, wow! That is going to be one stiff Cub frame!
thumbsup.gif

Here's some excerpts from a QA36/QA42 Manual. Note that it is mounted to a non-QA model 102, also note that it is bolted on.

253015.jpg

253016.jpg

Here are some excerpts from a QA36A/QA42A Manual. Note the upper links and where they attach to the sub-frame. Note the text.

253017.jpg

I believe the mounting kit may have been <strike>Frankenstein</strike> "Hitch Bolts" but I could be and probably am wrong...

253018.jpg

253019.jpg

Note the stud for the upper link. This stud is in the way and prevents use of the front mounting bolt on a non-QA NF.

Kraig, Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - yup, guess you're gonna have to dig up the photos, and draw arrows and circles. Since the narrow frame tractors without QA latch, don't have the Frankenstein bolt, or even a hole in the frame at the location of the bolt hole, I don't see how you can attach the "A" suffix thrower. By the way, the "Adapter Package" is listed in the CPE-2 Parts Catalog, but it's specified for tractors Serial no. 65,458-400,000 and the contents are basically a lift rod and bracket to bolt to the manual lift arm (remember the wide frames already have a hole in the rockshaft lever and also use a shorter lift rod. I sorta remember going thru this a few years ago on here with someone in WI. They were3 trying to install one on a 122, and I don't recall if it was ever resolved. I do recall something about them contacting Scott Madson and indicating it couldn't be done).

Latest posts

Back