• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 22, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me or do 1650's seem to be more prone to develope engine vibration and mounting bolts go missing? My friends 1650 had a couple bolts missing and engine vibrations too. The engine was slapping(when he throttled up it was real bad) on the mount/frame which caused a wear in the pan and we chased the treads and added a couple washers to adjust for mounting. I'm just curious if this is a common problem on any of the quietlines because of the iso mounts going bad.

Earl-

Those 16's shake an awful lot, considerably more than a 12 does. Even the 14's shake quite a bit, when I got my 1450 there was one intact bolt holding the rearend in, two were broken off and three were loose.

As I sit here it is snowing and thundering out side. Now I have always heard that thunder-snow storm always drop a large amount of snow.

Guess I will have to waite until the weekend is over and take a measurment to see if it holds true.

52243.jpg

Lonny,
The lighting is so bright here that the street lights keep going out.
4" on the ground and the thunder and lighting continues!

Gary L.

The first deck is a 44", the second is likely a 42". The nut you are missing is probably just a 3/4" fine thread jamb nut, available at the Hilman isle at a better hardware store.

A 42" deck belt will not work with a 44" deck, they are different. A new belt from Cub Cadet is in order.

Tip: Get your 44" set up, level it as described in the FAQ, and install a set of Gator blades on it and you will have one of the best mowing decks IH made.

I've seen rock crushers that shake less than a Kohler 16hp!!!!!!

When you do anything with the mounts on a 16hp LOCK-TITE BLUE is your best friend.

16hp motors eat motor mounts, hood hinges, headlight bulbs, and sheetmetal for breakfast.......then rattle your teeth and shake your @$$ until it's numb.......BUT, they pull like a freight train and don't loose torque as fast as the twins. You can lug a 16 down to what seems like an idle and it just keeps on pulling.

It you don't mind worn down teeth and a numb butt, they are one heck of a lot of fun to plow with.....I litterally passed a 1450 while running up hill and pulling a 12" bottom about 7" deep at Travis's one year.....rode up on my friend's landside one to many times and decided, awe heck, I'll just pass him.....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Good morning,
How did the storm do for you Lonnie? Never had a thunderstorm in the winter that I can remember around here.
I was wondering if anyone had any information on the groundsaw trenchers. I am looking for a parts breakdown, or any source where I may find information on parts sources for the hydraulic pump, teeth, etc. Also would like to speak with the mystery person who has a functioning one, I hope to own one soon, but it is missing a couple things and hope to pick his brain!
Off to pick up 4 Cubbies this afternoon. Getting a 100, original, 86, and a 73. Never had a 73, looking forward to it. Will post some pics of the trailer full later on or tomorrow. Looks like I'm gonna have to add on to my barn this year, no room for the cubs inside anymore! Have a great day, Eric

Oh my, Steve B. makes an appearance.
52245.jpg

Steve,
There's been more than one of use that have plowed around a guy or two.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back