• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 26, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Jim D.
We only ended up with about 8". Not worth taken pics of. It's kinda boring doing an acre of parking lot ya know, LOL

I started out with the 149, that went well until the damn lift lever pin decided to break. So I backed it back to the shop, grabbed the 1450 with the blade instead.
All was going well until the float lockout pin on the 1450 left it's designated spot on the tractor. So I backed it back to the shop. Fixed that, fixed that freakin pin on the lift lever on the 149 (I'd like to find the goof that designed that setup)!
Replaced the lockout pin on the 1450.
Headed out again with the 149, hit a freakin ice chunk, locked up the thrower, killed the engine and shredded the thrower belt.
So back to the shop, dislodged the ice chunk and headed back out to finish.

Nothing broke after that, LOL
Good thing too, I was about ready to shoot'um both!
So today, I put the batteries back in a 1650 and the 782D, and drug out the 450 blower to put on something, just as well have a couple backups, just in case.
biggrin.gif

We had about 8-9" of snow today. I almost got the asphalt portion of the driveway done before I smelled burning thrower belt again
swear.gif
I guess my new belt is still stretching a bit. I then discovered that because my thrower pulley just a tiny bit smaller than the OEM one, I can't tighten it far enough. I adjusted the other part of the tensioner linkage, and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to get a slightly shorter belt. I'm getting real sick of buying belts; I've yet to have one last more than about 2 hours since I started using the thrower on 82 series tractors.

Charlie-

You ever get that 782D looking nice, or is it still in primer?

Matt,
Are you kiddin!
You know me better than to ask that.
clappy.gif

Every time Aaron S. comes over here, he says, let me load it up and restore it for ya. He might just get his wish one of these days too.
biggrin.gif

Matt
Try a True Blue belt from Stens. I've used them for years and the only time I blow one is when I lock up the thrower (Like Kendell does) or hit ice chunks.
I know this morning I had the 149 bouncing off that governor about all morning. Yea I was WOT and almost ramming speed all the time.
lol.gif

Charlie-

I wonder if those are stronger than the Gates green belts. I think it'd be worth a try, anyway. Where do you find those? I've never seen them anywhere around here.

I gave up green belts years ago after trying a True Blue.
I know of at least 3 sponsors that sell Stens belts.
clappy.gif

I hate to tell you guys, but with flighting that looks like this:
183133.jpg

183134.jpg

183135.jpg

183136.jpg

183137.jpg

<u>I</u> have the same belt that I got with the QA42a 10 years ago....

I <u>have</u> cleaned the thing up with a hammer and dolly a couple of time since these pics, but a gravel driveway sucks when it's been soft and then it snows....
clappy.gif

Kendell, How tight do you set that belt. I had to tighten mine down hard to stop it from slipping. That belt got used a couple seasons and is still used today for the new owner

thanks for the help charlie.what would i use to clean the valves that wouldn't harm anything else?

Charlie, I know what you mean regarding the lift lever pin-- I should be a splined shaft.

Charlie-

That's great, but that doesn't really help me when I've got 9" of snow in the driveway. I need a belt TODAY, not 2 weeks from now. Stens doesn't seem to have a retailer locator, so I have no idea where to look for the damn things.

How long is the OEM belt for a QA36A on an 82 series? I think I need one about an inch or two shorter...

Matt: Just for the fun of it, dial 1-800-457-7444. Stens site says that's the way to find a dealer.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Mike Campbell,
I think a parts cleaning solvent would do the job, just make sure to blow it out really well and then dip the valve into Hytran to wash out any remaining solvent.
You can check out Cubfaq #55-55a for additional info.
Hope this helps
Brad

i sure do appreciate all the help guys.just so i got this correct,the relief valve is the smaller one in the center & i'm switching the larger valves on the outside?if that works & i then have forward & not reverse,do i clean all three or just the center-relief valve?

Just note, Has anyone ever heard of keeping a spare belt? The "I want it <u>NOW!!"</u> statement doesn't always sit to well with some people.

Mike C,
Just clean the 2 outside ones and see if that helps. Have you switched them out to see if you have forward and not reverse that way?

Tom:
I've got a spare new S/G belt for the 129 that's been warding off evil (failure) for so long that I think it's starting to age crack....
If I had spares for my OT Sc.g Tiger Cub ZTR, I'd have about $125.00 tied up in the two belts...
Don't rag on Matt too much - for his generation, he's pretty old school - we need more like him!
clappy.gif

It sounds like all you guys in snow country ought to just pack up all of your stuff and move to North Carolina like the rest of America. You can leave the snowblowers behind, belts and all. There's a great selection of cubs on cl all of the time around here. They just want an arm and a leg for them though. Down here they're "vintage" which must add a couple hundred dollars.

A week or so ago we got about 3" of snow. Yall would laugh at how it shuts everything down and the ditches are filled with cars. Last winter we had zero inches. You can also plow the earth in the winter down here.

So...yall come on down! We have enough water for the whole world and all waste and trash just vanishes.

Latest posts

Back