• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 26, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a tractor (#167097) with a deck and a blower (cw36 I think). The brackets on the blower measure about 9 1/2" apart and the tractor frame is about 10 3/4" outside to outside. I'm guessing that the brackets are wrong for my tractor, based on photos that I found in parts listings. My question is: (a) is there a tractor with a super-narrow frame that these brackets fit? and (b) where can I get the right brackets? Parts listings on line show not available. I don't want to break out the torch and welder if I don't have to. Thanks for your time. Chris

Chris Newton
Pictures are better for us to understand what you need.I think there are bolts on the blower that can be adjusted to fit your tractor,Ken Ide might be some help. Later Don T

Matt:
"isnt leeking our missing!" WTF??????

You might want to proofread before clicking that post button.......

Matt:
You posted a picture of the crank showing where the seal would go. Can the seal be replaced with out pulling the crank? I have the crank out but it is still pressed into the bearing.
Thanks
We had one of our best snow falls in years and I am waiting for parts. Bummer
Earl LaMott

Chris, welcome
groupwave.gif

Earl-

The seal goes in after the crank is installed, so yes, it can be replaced without removing the crank. Details are in your service manual
wink.gif

Chris:
I don't have a narrow frame tractor, but if the thrower mounting is narrower than your frame (you don't say what the tractor is, but I'm guessing it's either a 71, 102 or 122 based on the serial number you gave), I'd say maybe the unit is for an Original (IIRC the O frame is narrower) and may be a Danco BB-36. Does it have a spool and cable for the chute rotator? That would make it a CW or BB 36...... more details, please

Chris:
If you slide down to the bottom of this page, you'll find a list of throwers that fit the various original, narrow and wide frame tractors by Kraig M.(you'll also see a list of mower decks and what they fit from Matt G.). We should put these in the faqs, Charlie..

Kendall...I guess I need to join you in rubbin in the belt issue, except my belt is only 5 years old. It's been on three machines now with two throwers with flights like that. I used to straighten them every week but now don't do it till the end of winter. I roll the snow to the south side of the drive to help with drifting then run the thrower down the windrow to blow it out farther. There sure is a lot of rocks hidden in there.

I think the most snow we had at one time yet this winter is 3", not even enough to worry about but I was desperate for a Cub fix so I plowed and thrown it anyway. There has to be an American Indian snow dance, need to look through my mothers books.......

Latest posts

Back