• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

169 hydro valves stuck in

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Wattley

This is Steve back with the rebuild, I have not posted in a while as I was working on the snow blower that came with my tractor years ago when I purchased it.
I was not in a big hurry as I have an old ATV eith a plow that I use for heavy snow.
After my LED head light conversion was all done and winter was hear I decided to start ply with the blower. As I worked on it when I had extra time I depressed the over ride plate to push it around the shop as I got plw stuff fixed. Few months later Grass needs cutting and my tractor is stuck in push mode. St max rpm. Soak pins with wd40. Nothing. And I lubed these a year ago.
Now I have both out. I don't want to damage anything so I ask here. I do plan on soak heat heads in Zepreserve. Thought of apply some heat around pins with micro torch? I font think they come apart with out Digger lathe trick. They always worked in past so I hate to replace them. I even used the manual lever many times but never left pins down so long. I did use a 6-point 1 inch socket and sears Breaker bar to remove. They were not easy to loosen.
Anyone got idea how I can push the pins back up. I will attach photo

Attachments

• 20240115_215746.jpg
    20240115_215746.jpg
    840.2 KB · Views: 5
This is Steve back with the rebuild, I have not posted in a while as I was working on the snow blower that came with my tractor years ago when I purchased it.
I was not in a big hurry as I have an old ATV eith a plow that I use for heavy snow.
After my LED head light conversion was all done and winter was hear I decided to start ply with the blower. As I worked on it when I had extra time I depressed the over ride plate to push it around the shop as I got plw stuff fixed. Few months later Grass needs cutting and my tractor is stuck in push mode. St max rpm. Soak pins with wd40. Nothing. And I lubed these a year ago.
Now I have both out. I don't want to damage anything so I ask here. I do plan on soak heat heads in Zepreserve. Thought of apply some heat around pins with micro torch? I font think they come apart with out Digger lathe trick. They always worked in past so I hate to replace them. I even used the manual lever many times but never left pins down so long. I did use a 6-point 1 inch socket and sears Breaker bar to remove. They were not easy to loosen.
Anyone got idea how I can push the pins back up. I will attach photo
usually I just clamp them upside down in the vise and take a small pin punch through the hole in the bottom and tap the ball, normally they are not stuck very tight ,once free clean the pins ,spray some lube and work them up and down by hand using the pin punch on the bottom and finger on top pin and they should be fine !

usually I just clamp them upside down in the vise and take a small pin punch through the hole in the bottom and tap the ball, normally they are not stuck very tight ,once free clean the pins ,spray some lube and work them up and down by hand using the pin punch on the bottom and finger on top pin and they should be fine !
Thanks so much for the detail. I thought the pin hole would push on the pin. But did not want to force it without knowing. I am soaking one valve head. in a industrial strength Zep anti rust chemical.

Latest posts

Back