• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 22, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Dale,
The belt on my thrower has been in use for the last 4 years. I run about 1/4" deflection on the tightness and run WOT.
No on the belt dressing.
Two years ago with the 1450,
52212.jpg

Last year with the 149,
52213.jpg

Same thrower with modifications.

Send some of that snow about 90 miles south of ya and I'll be happy!

Charlie just heard on the radio that we should get about a foot over the weekend so be patient there grasshopper!!

Hugh,
All I can say is!
It's about freakin time!
buttrock.gif

Especially since I found that I can operate the 1450 or the 149 one armed without to much trouble.
biggrin.gif

Lonny B. and Terry B.

Thanks for info and photos on one arm loaders. I was able to find more of your photos back in August of 2006 by chance. I am a computer dummy.

Dave Beck

Dave,

You just have to out smart the computer is all.

Like my daddy used to say, you have to be smarter than the pice of equipment you are useing.

When I bought my Q42 snowblower it was to hook right up to a 782 but I was installing it on my 1863! After getting everything hooked up I noticed it had a 1/2" pulley. Crap---

So I ordered a new pulley 5/8" from a another company (not CC) so my thinking ok I'll make the pulley smaller in dia. and blow the snow farther. Wrong choice! Crap again--- Kept tearing up stuff because I was spinning everything to fast. So I got the right pulley from (CC) and it works great!

Biggest problem was getting the orginal pulley off. A little heating of the torch, PB Blaster and puller and it came right off. Did have a minor issue with alaigning up with 1863 but wwas soon resolved.

Now for belt dressing it is ok here at the hospital for getting something by until we get time to change the belt but, it is not a practice that myself is not to fond of.

Pops

Charlie, thanks and I'll check with one of them. with the snow coming I'll just have to run the 782D &thrower with out it this weekend.

CHARLIE - The local Madison news said this AM You may be in the 20-25 inch area of snow....If You need help let Me know....Son & I will run the RED FLEET up to help....My Super H and Dad's old M, both with loaders, chains, wide buckets/blades, 1000# of weigh on the back of each....We could probably be to Your place by TUESDAY 2-27.
rofl.gif

Snow?? Snow?? I hope not...Yesterday it was clear skies, sunshine and was a bit over 80 degrees here . More scheduled for today....Some rain for tomorrow....growin' that grass, so I better get some Cub Cadet blades sharpened. The 782D & the 2185 are both ready just in case...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Dennis,
Man I hope your right, but I'm thinking it's going north of me. Maybe Kraig will get dumped on.
biggrin.gif

HEY! Thanks for the offer, but if you were really serious, you would just head out now and beat the rush.
rofl.gif

Myron:

yeah, yeah, yeah.......Rub it in.
rolleyes.gif

It did get to 40 here the other day....
err.gif

John N.
you could also have moisture in the hydro (ice) or perhaps you have the wrong or off brand filter... only use a genuine IH Cub hydro filter.... the others are not the same... JMHO, HTH

John N., due to the sudden nature of your 149 transmission problems I think the most likely cause is you may have sheared a roll pin in the drive shaft.

Charlie, the various weather guessers are saying anywhere between 5 and 20 inches snow total by the end of the weekend for my area. Who knows what we'll get?
dunno.gif

Glen C. the 169 with the yellow wheel weights, that you posted two photos of, belongs to Jim Chabot.

Jim Coughlin, on the heat magnet burning the paint. I highly doubt it! Even though the heat magnet can get hot, if you use it when it's 20°F or colder that heat sink of cast iron will keep it from getting hot enough to burn the paint. Now if you used it in the summer when it was 75°F all bets are off!
lazerburn.gif

Pops,

If I'm not mistaken, the 1863 has a 6 inch drive pulley on the electric clutch. The 782s is only about 4.5, so by hooking the 42A thrower up you are already running it at super speed.

Kraig..

you may have something there...i shoulda thought of that...

John N,

You'll need to take the cover plate off to start assessing the damage. Sounds like your hydro charge pump may have froze up or maybe the rag joint just gave up and shredded itself. It takes more power to run the pump in cold weather. See if you can still turn the input shaft over on the pump. If you decide to look for a new hydro pump, make sure to get one that has the two ports for the hydraulic lift. IH and CC used the same Sunstrand (spell?) pumps for many years and they are interchangeable and available so its not the end of the world. A ported pump from any of the following models will work - 149, 169, 1450, 1650, 782. Prices vary depending upon condition but expect to pay $50-75 for a ported pump. Let us know what you find and take pictures. Stop by your Case IH dealer and get 2 gallons (will take at least 7 quarts) of fresh HyTran (PS: it will be cheaper there) and a new filter from your CC dealer. Hope this helps.

John N,

Forgot to mention that you will need to get a new cork gasket from your CC dealer too that goes between the hydro and transmission case on the output shaft if you change out the pump.

Thanks to Glen, Matt and Frank for responding to my quetions about the cc 169. If this deal works out I'll post pics. I hope the wife lost count of the cubs in the shed!

I worked on my photo albums over on the WFM website. rearranged things and added some. My profile here now is a snapshot of the highlight photos for the albums. Check out my new profile photo if you like...

Look in the lower right hand corner on the main page for my cub photo album.

Sounds like we may get up to 13 inches of snow after a bunch of ice first, so may be stuck home for a day or two after today. Better get ready for that I guess.

Latest posts

Back