• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 03, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
Jay B - welcome to the absolute BEST CUB CADET FORUM on the internet (no matter what Charlie says). Your 1250 and QA42A is one of the best snow moving set up's you can put together. I used a 1450 with QA42A for 14 years in Woodbury CT, and loved it. We'll help you get your problems figured out. You'll probably have to get that correct belt from one of the sponsor's in those nicely colored boxes above (I know CC Specialties does quick ship and delivery). But I have some concerns you have other issues as well. Pics of your QA42A would be really helpful. How's the rust in the chute? Auger and housing?

Jay B- Hydro Harry is absolutely right! This is the best IH Cub Cadet forum ever! I learn so much and enjoy the group!

Dale M- Nice to see you!!! Last summer I happen to see pictures of my neighbor's friend's IH Cub Cadet 1250...sure enough, it had the same lift set up as on my IH Cub Cadet 1450!!!! My 1250 has the manual lift.

Jay B. Welcome!!!!
wave.gif

Doug A. I remember something about it being a little pricier yet for the 782 with the already equipped hydraulic lift. This was the last new Cub Cadet that Kunau Equipment of Preston, iowa had until the new year's models came in. since we bought it in the winter we got a little better deal.

Good morning! I case you were wondering, the IH Cub Cadet 1250 is listed as having a implement lift lever w/ set stop as standard equipment.

Hydraulic lift for a IH Cub Cadet 1250 is noted available as an attachment, and that attachment code, I presume, is 6907.

On side note, I have been planning on returning to my IH Cub Cadet 1450 project. I have been in the middle of relocation and recently engaged to a wonderful woman. I'm thinking spring, and figure to have my IH Cub Cadet ready for another season of performance!

Have a good day fellow cubbies!

OOOp's on me too, Charlie!! I should have asked earlier!! as the M-M/C order went in yesterday!!

Maybe Car Quest or Ace Hdw can access that item.

After looking at that stuff on their site, I'm wondering if it would be good to seal up the worn threads where the exhaust elbow screws into the head on a K301 before the lock nut is screwed tight.

Once you lock that elbow in, it's never coming out.
If you want or need to have something, don't go for anything but that red exhaust sealer gunk. It's doesn't set super hard like the heavy duty stuff does.
You might need to get it back out one day.

Marlin,
Did you used to live over here in Eastern Iowa? My main CC go to dealer is Kunau's in DeWitt, Preston's sister/brother store. And there's a nice elderly couple who live here in DeWitt. They are in their 90's IIRC. Bill is known as Mr. DeWitt. You and he share the same last name. Family of yours?

Jay B., WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

John L., CUBgratulations on the engagement!
happy.gif

Almost ready to post more videos. This dang "job thing" is really getting in the way.
angry.gif

293868.jpg

293869.jpg

293870.jpg

Latest posts

Back