• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 10, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcmeen

displayname
Bryan D. McMeen, Keeper of the Holy Hy-Tran
Dan C. -

Just a few thoughts...

First, what you're asking for kinda defeats the purpose of a forum, doesn't it? We're here for everyone to learn, not to give individualized instruction. Ask your questions here.

Second, handing out contact information violates the privacy of the membership - if they want you to contact them directly, THEY will let you know.

Finally, we have a few parts guys that are members (notice the sponsors above?) - if you gave us a name (the names are on the BGC archives) we could tell you if they're still around.

Steve & Monica, CUBGRATULATIONS!!!

Any bets on what kind of bed Steve will build for Emma? Remember Steven III got a bulldozer bed.
15733.jpg

Rich P., I'll have a look and email the best I find.

Hey Ryan-
What's up with Robert Lane getting on Verizon's board of directors? Shouldn't he be busy being CEO of John Deere????

wyatt..

eastwood has a new high temp powder coat for exhaust systems... i am going to try it out on the muffler on the 149... i'll post the results as soon as they are in....

Rich P.

I traded the Mott to the Urschels for a project 800. I believe they had the parts to make the pto/mount complete.

I see that recoil original auction in n. central PA went out no sale again. Not surprising, seeing as how the guy described it as a tractor having the s/g stolen off it!

Hi Hugh, thanks for the info, I must have missed that particular discussion or erased it from my memory. I'm glad you were paying attention. I figured that would be the answer but I had to ask! Guess I'll be using the pump that came with the loader. Happy Cubbing to all . . .

Scott-
My paint man can't do powder coat, plus whatever I pick is going to be done on the whole tractor. . . . . if I did the whole tractor with Eastwood's powder coat, I'd have paid enough that the tractor better be on their catalog cover
happy.gif

Wyatt -

That's the problem with that stuff - unless ya go into business doing it, it's not really cost effective. That or ya better powder coat every thing in the damn house.

Same thing I found when I considered the triple chrome plating kit from Caswell - after spending a couple G's I'd have to chrome plate the world
lol.gif

Bryan M. /Digger/others—

First, I would like to apologize for any ‘rules of decorum’ (written or unwritten), that I may have unwittingly violated here on the forum. It was/is not my intentions to exclude anyone, nor to appear in bad terms with the others here on the forum. Due to the nature of my work, I am/have been covered up for some time w/ customers ramping up for this year, & don’t have a lot of time to dedicate to becoming known well on the forum. I don’t contribute much because I am probably newer to Cubs than most of you.

A little background as to what I’m looking to accomplish:

I am a professional in the rubber & plastic molding/mfg. industry. I am in the process of trying to both gage support from those on the forum, & develop a line of reproduction & ‘NLA’ parts for our beloved little tractors. What I am searching for now is:

1) methods to obtain/compile a complete (as possible) listing of p/n’s from 1961-present (or 1981), of parts that are ‘NLA’ from CCC or MTD,
2) A source for original IH spec’d dimensional prints for these items & others.

I have at my disposal to aid in this venture a mold shop, several machine shops, a mfg. facility, as well as, development chemists & rubber & plastic compounders. I think that these things may enable me to offer certain items for less $$, or at very least, offer previously ‘NLA’ parts.

I would appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, or help that anyone could provide.

I appreciate those that have contributed to my learning about Cub Cadets here on the forum.

I have only asked for replies to direct email because I can’t check online as often as I like.

Thanks for your patience,
Dan Casey

P.S. Feel free to comment on forum, direct email, or request a phone number & we can talk.

Congratulations, Steve and Monica!

Charlie
Man, is there anything you haven't done?

WYATT - The readymix co. I drove for in college painted all their trucks in Construction Orange IMRON. We used diluted sulfuric acid to get the cement dust off them. When You washed them down for the day in hot sunlight with just a little too strong of solution the orange IMRON would turn Pink. Like Charlie said, it holds up well to moderate heat, but I think exh. tubing would discolor, probably crack the coating, then the substrate would rust & peal. Unless it's double-walled tubing not much will withstand exh. gas temps., except something like Jet-Hot coatings.

The actual exhaust pipe I'm just going to use CIH aluminum paint like the OEM is, it'll burn off easily no matter what (unless I get $100 worth of Jet Hot coating on a $12 part), so I'm going to just use something easily found off the shelf.

I guess my main concern was the engine block turning colors (like pink) when exposed to heat. If Charlie can run the exhaust that close to the paint without discoloration I'd think I'd be OK.

Wyatt-

I saw that announcement come out a couple weeks ago on our internal company site...they only get together a few times a year, so it won't take up too much of his time.

I tried VHT many years ago and it's WAY too porous, gets dirty too fast, and things like welds, rolled beads, etc. still rusted anyway. For things like the lower block, the heat shields, etc. ANYTHING except the cooling fins & head IMRON should be fine.

Anyone happen to know if Quiet Lines with aluminum axle housings would have the fine spline axles & carrier?

I replaced voltage regulator and had starter/generator rebuilt on my cub cadet 129. Problem is - when I attempt to reconnect the positive battery cable the starter engages. Ignition switch appears ok and all wires were double checked to make sure they were reconnected correctly. Any ideas or suggestions?

Greg-
One of two things, solenoid wires might be swapped or your starter signal wire from the ignition switch was switched for a "always on" wire.

Seems to me that if two of the cables to the regulator are swapped it'll run the starter too.

OH, and if the starter's running clockwise the starter was rebuilt backwards.

(Message edited by wcompton on February 10, 2004)

Back