• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 10, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Steve and Monica!! Emma looks like a keeper.
Rob - speaking from my experience with a newborn daughter 18 years ago, Steve is already wrapped! And it does not get any better. Course Steve does have some support from little Steve, whereas I'm completely outnumbered.

Congrats on the new arrivals.
McGiver, Hang in there hell, "kick ass" Good luck to you.
Does anybody remember how to get a satellite picture seemed like you went through mapquest but I can't find it. The searches I made all seem to cost money now. Thanks for any help.

Wow, <font size="+2">BIG</font> pictures...

test photo
15757.jpg

Hi Tim. In my limited experience with the steering boxes, I found one that was pitted a little bit on the part where the follower rides. I used an angle grinder with a 40 grit sanding disk to smooth over any bumps in that area and smooth some of the pitting without removing too much material. I finish it off with some emery paper and then it's pretty smooth. I can't speak to how long it will hold up since it hasn't been in the tractor that long yet but it seems fine. Perhaps someone else has a different opinion.

As for the follower, I had a few that weren't that bad and I redressed them in a drill press with a file and some emery like the FAQ article suggests. For one that is as bad as the one in your picture, I personally would recommend replacing it unless you have a lathe to cut it down but I suppose that you could try dressing it in a drill press using the method that I described (and the one in the FAQ).

One question I have for the forum is when straightening the side plate, is there a good way to do this without a hydraulic press? I made up a jig in a BIG 8x8 piece of oak beam and hammered the heck out of one to get it straight. On another one, I heated it up with my torch and did the same thing. I've gotten the side plates much closer to straight than they were but never 100%. Any suggestions? I have two more to do before spring so any suggestions are much appreciated.

Steve S

Does anybody know why the inside of air filter covers are not usually painted? I just got to wondering, maybe some are but I don't remember seeing one.
Bill

Thank you very much. The problem now is it seems I have moved and I have no idea where I live.
happy.gif

I have a 1250 Hydro that I use to clean my driveway in the winter. I am interested in a two-stage snowblower attachment, I currently have a Q36A. My question is if there is such an attachment available, or will I have to adapt one for use on this tractor, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Ernest, why do you want a two stage snowblower? The single stage snowthrower, if properly maintained, should work as good as, if not outperform, a snowblower. Not to mention there's a lot more to break on the 2 stage. Having said that, I do believe that there is a model that will fit with little or no modification. I think it's the H-42 and/or H-48. I've never messed with one but I'm sure someone will chime in with details.

Ooops, the H-42 and H-48 are both single stage. Then perhaps it's the model 450......

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on February 11, 2004)

Ray,

Will see you on Monday. What time is good for you??

I will have my camera with a few pictures of the new addition.
proud.gif

I will have further news late Saturday for the rest of the crowd.

Congradulations Steve and Monica!! Yea, a matched set. You can quit now, right, that is what I thought too.
wink.gif

Bill G , 2 reasons I can think of is first they put the aircleaner on the engine before paint is aplied and second it may flake off over time due to gas /oil and suck in the carb. Rich

just a quick note to the IL/WI/eastern IA guys (and gals) watch for your local Blain's Farm and Fleet to carry line of new cub cadets... should also be able to get parts for our older models too, albeit probably a 2-3 day order.

happy.gif

Ernest O there is a two stage blower that will fit the 1100 thru 1650 &82 typ tractor but its a pain to mount,you may just want to stay with the Q36A./image{blower}

Ernest O thats a funny looking photo of the blower but i think you get the just of it

Latest posts

Back