• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 10, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ernest one more thing on that style blower it sticks way to far out the front of the tractor, that thing mounted on the tractor come to eight feet seven inches long.one more thing to think about

Bill G. -

When the paint flakes and gets sucked into your carb, you'll wish the inside wasn't painted
wink.gif

Edit: ooh, missed Rich P's post...

"Ya'll" up north ain't sending down the cold fronts fast enough. Going to be in the low 80s tomorrow before a cold front comes through and pushes the temp down into the 60s. Eighty is just too warm for February down here. *&%$ #@* grass is starting to grow.

Colin-
That's too bad, it'll be a cold day in hell when I step foot back into a Blain's again. Store manager ended up resorting to telling me that the customer counter is "just for looks" (that's a QUOTE) when I tried bringing back a defective torque wrench. Good thing they're going to carry Cub Cadet, something that doesn't need customer service, I know at least at the Cedar Falls they'd be up sh!t creek without a paddle!

Wyatt,
I ask someone on the martin senour tech line one time what kind of heat their paint would take.
He said they are good for 300 deg. I have painted
several cadets and farm tractors with MS acylic
enamel and it takes the heat very well. On my 102
the paint around the exhaust port turns a little
orange when it gets hot, but goes back to yellow
when it cools off.

Don V,
I think there is only one style carrier that was used with the fine spline axles.
I think that all the tractors above 720,000
have bolt together carriers and straight cut
ring and pinion. When I built my puller, I used the one with the straight cut ring ring gear
(took it off and used the helical cut one)
and it is the same as the one in my 782. AFIK
all the tractors above 720,000 used the fine spline axles and the bolt together carrier.

Perhaps I should add this to the FAQ?

A lesson in posting:

How many group posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....

In responce to the Blain's Farm & Fleet carrying Cub Cadets and being able to order parts, I say HA! HA!, Yah! right!
I ordered a Brinly sleeve hitch adapter for a 3 point, it took F&F 1 week to get the order straight, another week to order it, All ordere go out on Fridays,than another week for them to ship it from their main wearhouse in Janesville.
So dont exspect a 2 to 3 day ordering time from F&F.

(Message edited by lbuttke on February 11, 2004)

That was good Bryan!
A lesson in posting:
Feel free to copy this link!
beerchug.gif

Lonny, Would you email me with the cost of that adapter? I know someone else that may be interested.

(Message edited by jlang on February 11, 2004)

Congrats to the new parents in the forum family! Hope you enjoy every precious second now,in a few short years they will be out there putting a dent or two in your new pickups ;-)

Speaking of new additions,Tedd,keep us informed
err.gif
ihrotate.gif

Bryan, truer words were never spoken!! I LMAO when reading that posting bit! How it rings true!

Bill G

Besides what Rich and Bryan said the paint will stay forever tacky in the gas/heated conditions. The air filter will stick to the inside of the cover and then will flake off when removed. just a thought ...

JOE

John Lang>
Unable to send E-mail, it bounced back so,
the price I got from Brinly was $98.51 and the price I belive I paid through Farm & Fleet was $110 with shipping, I would have to check my recipets at home for a percice figure.

lonny & wyatt-

I am sorry to hear of such bad experiences at our stores... while I am sure there are instances where things like that happens, hopefully that is not the norm...at least I know it is not like that at my store....
best of luck anyways
happy.gif

I found one of my Corvette catalogs and looked up the manifold paint.

It is called:
PERFORMANCE CHOICS MANIFOLD DRESSING

Brush it on a cold item, manifold and start the engine and it bakes on. Does not bake to a hard crusty finish that will flake off.

I have seen this stuff work wonders on old worn out manifolds. It does last too. Kind a silver/gray color.

Part Number form Mid America Corvettes in Effingham, Il #18934 $9.95 for a container.

Lonny and Wyatt - By MTD mass marketing Cubs it makes me wonder if they are not trying to make a fast buck while selling some of their cheaper items in the line. It is sad to see that MTD seems to think that they need to sell tractors that are a great tractor at "big box" stores to make a buck. The real kicker is that the people who buy them from places like Farm and Fleet and Tractor Supply never look at the value of having service after the sale like you get at your local dealership.

btw, lonny, the brinly parts do not come from same source as the mtd/cub cadet parts, which ship much faster via ups.....

Someone send snow!!!!!!!! Am thinking Bob is hoarding it all on his side of the hill.

hugh-- i assume you are familiar with farm and fleet's on site repair shop for the equipment sold there.
I do find it interesting that MTD has brought the cub cadet line (full line including the Big Country (gator clone) and compact tractors)into the farm and fleet stores, whereas a large retailer like lowes has a rather limited line.

Back