• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 24, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steven, the command flywheel fins r plastic & are a bolt on thing, u can simply unbolt the fins fro mthe flywhel to make for clearance for a hub & driver. Even without the fins on the flywheel, the command is an aluminum engine which dissapates heat much faster & you dont have to worry too much bout overheating unless u decide to let it run for more than 10 minutes then it'll get a lil hot. those plastic fins can be trimmed a bit too but try to keep em even so it's close to being somewhat balanced.

You can shim the side gears in the carrier to make it somewhat like a limited slip. Helps keep them from "one wheeling".

Hey Guys, Great news!

I just received a call from Miller Tire that the Firestone 26x12x12 23 degree floatation tires are now available! Only the best small tire ever molded. These are brand new tires being made here in the US. no NOS tires here. Fresh, new, rubber. My ordr is already in.

NIC - That's great news. Now if Miller would only bring back the 23-8.50 too. They look better on the older NF's IMO. The 23-10.50's look best on the wide formed fenders on the 1X6/1X7 & WF's.

My crankshaft on one side reads 1.50 and on the other side it reads 1.499 is that going to be a major problem.

Nic-

There is no way there is a 0.015" tolerance on the crank journal. Did you mean 0.0015"?

IIRC max out of round is .0005" So I would get it reground.

Well, we finally got the grandsons engine to the machine shop. The cylinder walls were out by more than .010, so they bored it .020. The top of the block was milled smooth, and the head was "warped" and was milled .016, making the top of the block and the head perfectly flat. By the time that we put it back together, with "no blowby" it should be a different K241.

Ignition timing question.

How much should the ignition timing be retarded for a K321 with an LP head with pump gas? The manual calls for a gap of .020, that's about 20 degrees BTC with the stock head at 6.1:1, the LP CR is 8.9:1.

Compression release question.

The automatic compression release doesn't seem to be working. I haven't checked the exhaust valve gap, but the little piece that sticks up by the tappet looks rounded and worn on the trailing edge. I was thinking of bending it up a little so it opens the valve.

Tony

I was just if 6500 rpm is low on a 16hp stock altered motor, it seems to me like some other guys are getting a little more out of theres. I would also like to know a few more ways to get more rpms and hp out of it. I was also wondering if there would be any advantage to running stainless valves in a 16hp stock motor.

Where is the best place to mount a holley fuel pump on a stock altered single it was right below the motor on the frame rail but I now put a fuel tank there because the one before was sitting over the motor.

Matt on my 16 altered I have the tank on the right side frame rail and the pump/regulator on the left frame rail just ahead of the foot rest. Have used this setup on all my tractors. Hope this helps.

Where do you run you fuel lines? And does anyone know if wide frame front spindles will fit on the narrow frame axle?

ok guys my girlfrend recked her car a month a go and it has a 2.2 4 cyilender in it well my idea was to stick it in a 108 cub wide frame. has any one atemped this before

MATT - All the NF CC's used the bent spindles, looked like the letter "J". ALL WF CC's used a welded spindle that looked like the letter "-C". The WF axle was beefier.

I think the WF spindles could be made to fit on the NF axle but the ride height will be different. I don't think you'd like the results.

Well I was thinking I would cut the spindles and move them up to lower the front

Back