• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Keith - Those are the same axles that the Cub Tractor uses (different housing)... I think they'll out weigh your CCO. ;)

Thanks for putting up the extra pics
thumbsup.gif

Hard to believe that was mine now and then. The boys are still mad at me for selling it.
Keith will have to post a picture of the rear weights. they were a bunch back there. almost 300 pounds of 2 1/4 plate.with over one half hanging over the rear axle for leaverage. It didn't spin much when digging.
It was bought new in Lewiston Idaho and used to move chicken manure for many years before it was replaced by a very small skid steer loader.
Still miss it but glad it got the help it needed!

Jerry - Stop your moan'n ... it's gone. Stiff upper lip and all that crap !
biggrin.gif

All,

What kind of cleanup do you all do when finishing your snow blowing? I have been using a broom and then unpacking the snow from the edges of the blower before pulling back into the garage. Is it necessary?

Mostly, I want to keep water off of the garage floor, but if in a hurry, I'd like to know I'm not hurting anything if I leave it for a while.

Thanks.

Keith, I have a 1650 with Johnson loader on it. My loader was also twisted a bit when I bought it. I found that one of my loader towers were bent forward, in the process, one of the rear support arms (to the rear axle tubes) was bent. This was due to the lack of a forward support arm to help take some of that strain. I had to cut that rear tube, straighten the tower, re-weld the rear brace, and I then fabricated two new forward support arms. It didn't take much to bring that loader back in line. I think it is a poor design on the Johnson by not having the forward bracing.

Steve T.-

I get what I can off with a brush, and I scrape accumulated slush off of the top surface with an ice scraper just before pulling into the garage to remove anything that could potentially freeze the chute. You don't want the chute freezing in position or chunks of ice jamming the auger either. Usually the garage stays above freezing and stuff just melts into a puddle. I also re-lube the chain often.

Steve,

Clean up enough to keep it from melting and then re-freezing and locking up the auger and chute rotator...other than that, it's up to you.

Keith that is nice work on the original.
Luther

Dennis: You are so correct. I cracked up when restoring the 1000 all the factory runs that I came across. Plus those little engines with a little tweaking become a lot better runners and I think (
whistling.gif
) more efficient.

Pops

Took out the 100 last night here in CT to move some snow around and was very impressed with her.
73793.jpg

73794.jpg

Dave H.
It looks like your having way to much fun!
biggrin.gif

Now all you need is a cab and a thrower and you'll be all set!

Nice lookin tractor too.
thumbsup_old.gif

CC Folks- I own a 122 and have gotten lots of good advice from this forum. I've got a big snow coming and having some snowblower issues. Could I get a quick bit of advice on a Jacobsen 6hp snowblower? Techemseh engine. Got no spark- got no fire. suggestions on what to look for? Thanks!! Dave

DAVID P. - Look for a new snowblower with a Honda engine.
thumbsup.gif

5-9 Inches for Cleveland on Saturday. The 126 and 1650 are ready. Moved some of the parts Cubs to shelter before the storm.
Tom
73801.jpg

73802.jpg

73803.jpg

I know everybody really believes in Honda motors but I've got a couple and they are both cold-blooded and sometimes finicky to start. Frankly, I am disappointed in them both. They don't make great power and are so beholden to the EPA they can hardly run. (Lawn mower & pressure washer.) On the other hand, I've got a B&S motor in a push mower that I've basically ignored for 18 years and it mowed my buddy's lawn all last summer perfectly. Everyone has an opinion but I believe B&S motors are built in Wisconsin. To me, that is better than built in Japan and, if possible, I won't buy another Honda.

A couple years ago I considered repowering the 782 with a Honda motor. Somebody suggested, politely, that the Honda's were'nt half the motor that the KT17 is - less torque, less robust construction, etc. I got several comments from people that put the Honda's into their CC machines and were disappointed at the power delivery - including one guy that put a 25 hp in place of the KT. Moral of the story: Kohler is more better. If I have to repower, I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy a new KT. It'll hurt but, like my dad used to say, no one every regretted buying quality.

Again...just my opinion.

BTW, I didn't mean to offend anyone with a Honda in their Cub. The price difference is a thousand dollars and, believe me, I am thinking about that long and hard as I've got a Series I KT 17 and it ain't gonna live forever. I could buy a lot of stuff for the extra grand and that fact is not lost on me. If I annoyed anybody, I humbly apologize.

Here's some old photos of Keith's Original with Danco loader when it belonged to Jerry B. and lived in Idaho.

73805.jpg

73806.jpg

73807.jpg

73808.jpg

Could have just gotten a not up to snuff engine. I have used alot of equiptment with Honda engines and never a problem, was really quit happy with them. Of course I would never turn away a Kohler, never had any issues with them either.

Bren

Latest posts

Back