• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 12, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff W,
You would be better off finding a blade for sale someplace. It would cost less then making one yourself.
The electric lifts are made by http://www.duffnorton.com/. The model number you should look for is MPD6405-6 or MPD6405-5 http://www.duffnorton.com/emact.htm. Thats a 5 or 6 inch stroke. You might want to measure your tractor to be for sure. The lift runs about $280 new. If you try to buy one used you will run the risk of the gears being stripped out. If the used lift is known to be in good condition it will most likely go for about the price of a new one.

I would like to know if a CC hyd. valve with a detent has a float position. I have a CC 1200 that i am building a 3 point hitch for and i want to have a float position. Thanks Don

Hello, Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I am restoring my first cub cadet. It is a 70 and it is in "restorable condition". I have taken it apart and getting ready to sand blast and paint. I am hoping to have it finished by spring. It is really something to work on something older than I am. I am
still amazed at how well they are built! Thanks, Keith.

Check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7707400669&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&rd=1

Some "motor expert" belives this will work..

clappy.gif

Attachments

• clappy.gif
    clappy.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 145
R.B......If an elderly gentleman said it would fit, by g*d it will!! HA!!
old.gif

Don M...If you are using the stock cadet linkage/rockshaft for your lift,(like the IH made 3-point hitches use) it has a float feature built into it.

Attachments

• old.gif
    old.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 148
Bruce, and anyone who was interested... I just wanted to let you all know the carb went on with no problems and she runs great... no more leaking gas. I changed oil and took her for a spin last night, she had been down for a couple weeks, so it was like having an old friend back. Good Times.

Thanks for the help again guys, you're the best.

Chuck

Dale R., are you referring to David Kirk's Points Saver? If so, it still uses the points but has lower current going through them so they last much longer. Click the link below for full details.

Kirk Engines, Inc.

Kraig -

Nice site. I wonder who hosts it for him...
lol.gif

Anyway, can't say enough good things about the PointSavers that I'm using. Great stuff from an excellent engineer.

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 146
Hmmm. Everyone must be running Windows Update
wink.gif

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 146
We know you live on the edge there, Matt
lol.gif

<font size="-2">that or ya have a Mac or *nix...</font>

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 145
Ron C on the 1000/129 engine replacement. Sometimes I look too hard for the answer....If the 12 horse k301 kohler will not bolt up the pto and things like that I believe I will find someone to rebuild the 10 horse and possibly use the 12 horse as a trade or somthing like that. I havent a clue as to how much it may cost to rebuild it but I want the tractor to bolt up right and be like it used to be. Those cubs are great to use in the lawn, rides like a caddilac!
Thanks for your input guys!!!

Mid Michigan's newest Cub Fan. Got her to steer straight OK but the turns need a little work...LOL
She doesn't do too bad for 5 yrs old...
happy.gif

30137.jpg

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 145
  • 30137.jpg
    30137.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 30137.jpg
    30137.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 149
The 147 litepanel will fit a 104 but is not "Correct"It should have the round one like a 125.

Are the fiber washers still used on the Cub Cadet mower decks? I got a parts breakdown on the 44" deck and did not see them shown. Thanks

D.G.....The fiber washers are not used on the 44 and 50 inch decks. The current made decks do not use these either.

Roland B.
I always get a kick out of seein' little kids on the Cubs. Makes the tractors look bigger. . .
My 9 yr old is now mowin' the lawn. Here's a shot of him from a few years ago.
30142.jpg

Attachments

• 30142.jpg
    30142.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 30142.jpg
    30142.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 157

Latest posts

Back