• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 06, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig -

Whoops, forgot about the plywood box 'n' concrete requirement
wink.gif

Kraig: Yes, those are the brackets I need. Any idea of where I can get my hands on a set?

John, no but they should be easy to make. I thought I had a drawing of them but I have not been able to find it, perhaps I'm thinking of something else. I'll keep looking.

John,

I'd make those brackets and get to using that Haban blade......they can't be too difficult to fab (and CC may even still stock them, did you check the dealer?)

John, the part number of those plates/brackets is: HA-14300.

Hi, I am new to the forum. I am restoring a cub cadet original, 1963. I took the carb apart and cleaned out the jets and everything. Any suggestion on setting the adjustment screws to start it up?

Thanks!!
sfaulkner

Has anybody tried putting one of these Kohler single cylinder Mag-16 engines in a Quietline? I've had a new one sitting around for a couple of years and think I will try installing it in a 1650. With the flat bottom pan I think I will need to mount it direct on the frame.

32791.jpg

Shad F. -

Yes, reading the FAQ above will yield information on finding manuals. A link is provided so you can download the Kohler engine manual which should provide you with the adjustment information you need.

Thanks for all the feedback. I called a local dealer and the brackets will be in two or three days. $19.00 + UPS charges. Thanks for the part number, and yes I agree that the Haban is the way to go. We do have snow in the forecast for Thursday night into Friday morning, so it looks like the 1250 will be put to work. Or should I say I will be put to work as the 1250's are totally manual. ahh the power angle Haban....soon.

Brent R,
There is a spacer washer that goes on the stub shaft that spaces it out just enough to get the right end play.
It's been several years since I've had to take one apart and CRS has set in on the exact details.
Maybe one of the guys that rebuilds many will chime in and help us both out.

Richard,

Don't know why you couldn't do that....AFAIK the Mag series is just a K series with electronic ignition (for the most part).

Richard C. -

Couldn't you use a couple #6's??

32793.gif

Since Richard asked about replacement engines in a QL, has anyone put a Kohler Command 18 twin or B&S Vanguard 16 twin in a xx50?

Dave, Keith E. put a v-twin (I think it was a 25hp B&S Vanguard) in a 129 does that count?

32795.jpg

32796.jpg

RICHARD - Check Your crankshaft diameter on that Magum 16. Dad bought a 12 HP Magnum for His 129 and the crankshaft was 1-1/8" dia. The ONLY available pilot bearing for a mechanical PTO clutch is 1" ID. Not sure how that effects Your elec. clutches on the Q/L. Dad ended up selling it and rebuilding His K-301.

Well the Mag-16 in a Quietline is dead in the water. Its a M-16S and they have a large flat oil pan, I thought I could work around that by setting it flat on the frame but it won't work.

32803.jpg

When it is flat on the frame the output shaft is about 1 and 1/2 to 2 inches above the correct height of the drive shaft. If you tried to run it like that the Rag joints could not survive. Also the engine would sit too high and the standard gas tank and firewall would not fit. The muffler box would be too high too.

32804.jpg

The standard Quietline engine is about 9 inches at the bottom while the M16S is approximately 12 inches. When it is sitting in the frame it takes up almost all of the area. I looked at cutting out some of the frame, but if I drop the engine it would interfere with the steering linkage.

32805.jpg

Guess I will save this engine for another project as I don't want to destroy a good Cub.

Hello there: Does anyone have any experience with a Bercomac 2 stage snowblower. I am looking for a 2 stage unit that will mount on my 1450.
Thanks.

Alrighty, one <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cadet lawn tractor topic - DONE.

Kevin D. -

Neither can I
wink.gif

Paul F -

I moved the pertinent posts to a new thread in the new topic.

Last year about this time I was asking about lights on my 125
https://www.ihcubcadet.com/cgi-bin/forum/board-auth.cgi?file=/106/23625.html

I got a good deal from Travis on a complete used light panel set up and just finished it up. Worst part was running a new wire for the lights. I don't think my wiring is "factory original" as I couldn't find an extra wire for my lights ( purple wire ). I ran 12 gauge wire from the lights to a pull switch I purchased at Western Auto. I also put in an in-line fuse too.

Thanks to Charlie, Steve, Roland, Dennis, Bryan & Craig for helping out. ( when I asked for help last year with diagrams and explanations)

Also thanks to Travis for the deal.
This will make it much easier to see throwing snow after work.

32817.jpg

Here's what I use for weight on my 125
32818.jpg

32819.jpg

Each one of those plates weighs just over 50 lbs.

wave.gif
Jeff

Latest posts

Back