• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 24, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Original steering wheels. Is there a preffered way to stabelize the rubber/plastic part on the wheel,or do you just wear gloves till it quits wearing off in your hands? This Cub hasn't been used for a long time,and just pushing it around the shop is pretty messy.

Yea,

I was happy to finally get some dry dirt. It has been a while since i've seen any as well. That blue tube came on the tractor when I got it. I think that he used to fly a flag in it maybe. Well at least that is what I was going to do
happy.gif

Curtis S,
Scuff it up with some 600 sandpaper, get some good clear spray paint and give it a few coats and you'll be good to go.

The blue tube is for a nail-stick. See, 'ya take a broomstick, and drive a 10d nail in the end backward (cut the head off, drill the stick, jamb nail in). Then, as you're cruisin' the turf, if you find a stray McDrink cup, or the neighbor's Pall-Mall wrapper, stab it, and toss it in the newspaper bag hangin' on the back of the seat. When you get to the swingset, you use the stick to push the swing to one side, so it doesn't catch the PTO lever or snag the exhaust stack.

Thank you, Charlie. That aughta hold it for the 8 years or so, it'll take for the next guy that'll have to figure all this stuff out.

Weights

Terry -- thanks for the excellent photos, couldn't be more clear. Now I have to go parts hunting. A friend has earned a living as a welder and I think the fabrication should be straightforward.

thanks a heap to all those who have helped with this weighty problem.

I wanted to replace the rear gasket on my 1450 hydro today but didn't want to drain it since it had a new filter and fluid recently. What to do?? I know, lift the rear end up high enough so the fluid runs to the front. Removed the battery, got the loader tractor and hoisted it up. By the way this is the height you have to get it to prevent fluid coming out the back when you have it full of hydro fluid.

<font size="+1">CAUTION..DO NOT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU ARE A TRAINED PROFESSIONAL.</font>

26627.jpg

Everything worked good, was able to reach in over the front so I didn't have to work under the loader. Didn't spill a drop of fluid.

26628.jpg

Now I'm a thinking this is quite a time saver, replaced the battery and went to fire it up. It missed and didn't want to run good so I shut it off and pulled the side covers. Removed the air filter cover and about a cup of gas ran out. Evidently when a Cub is standing on its nose the float doesn't work very well.

Pushed the Cub into the garage and drained the engine oil, didn't want to take any chances. New engine oil and a filter and its back to running good.

(Note to self) Next time you try this, shut off the gas and run the tractor until it dies.

(Message edited by RChristensen on March 26, 2005)

I am thinking that Plowday might be happening. I am going to get the one arm 147 ready to plow, just in case. I went down to the local IH dealer and ordered the bracket that fits between the hitch and the hydro cover. It was only $14. I wont be able to pick it up till Thursday or so and I wanted to bend up the sleeve hitch tomorrow. I have found 2 drawings after searching the archives and I think they are what I need but I wanted someone to verify that this setup fits on a NF. Also just to make sure, is the 9 3/4" distance between the hitch arms the correct dimension for a NF?

Thanks in advance,
Terry
26632.jpg

26633.jpg

Are wheel weights, 25lb # S6W-C1, the right ones for a 109? If so, is there an adapter of sorts to mount them with? The holes are off by 45 degrees.
Thanks, John

Terry B.

The rear brackets are all the same...wide or narrow, it does not make any difference.

Something wrong with that first picture Richard - I can't quite put my finger on it...

But I know it's something to do with the green thing holding up the yellow thing.
happy.gif

I am installing a single wire in the ground 1 to 2 inches deep and seem to recall seeing a picture on this site where someone had made a cadet trench attachment that work like a plow which open the hold, placed the wire, and cover the hole as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Sleeve hitch,
I can easily find the 2" steel for the hitch. I am questioning the pipe for the pin. I would not think that a standard black pipe would be strong enough. I have a 1" piece of round stock that I can drill a hole in but I only have a drill press and the hole might not be drilled straight. All of the pictures I have seen use pipe. I was thinking instead of a pipe I could just drill the 5/8" hole into two pieces of 1/2" flat stock. Then weld the flat stock the the 2" hitch in place of the pipe. Is this a bad idea? Would a design like this obstruct and future attachments I might want to use? Would this design be strong enough? Do any of you picture keeper dudes have any pictures of a hitch like I am describing?

Thanks,
Terry

Terry- I BORED mine with a lathe... (as opposed to drilled) ;-)

We gotta get you a lathe, don't we?

I'll make 'ya one this evening and drop it in the mail on Monday afternoon. BTW... theres no rule that says the tube needs to be round... it can be square-stock, with a slightly-over-5/8" hole, and frankly, square stock is easier to square and weld to flat stock...

Terry - mine was built by a member here. It's 1" OD pipe, 3/4" ID. I'm worried it'll have too much slop in it and actually allow the pin to hop around. We'll see... It did OK with a harrow and cultivator playing last week.

I do like Dave's idea of square stock.

The link Digger posted shows quite a few variations to work from. I could even see how a couple of the designs might give you another inch or two of lift.

Ya know!
CC Specialties (a forum sponsor) sells a complete setup made by Dan H. that is just super and COMPLETE! and you can't beat the price!
26644.jpg

This serial # stuff is confussing!
crazy.gif
My 782's serial is 709744. Is this acually IH built or did MTD build it!? I checked the monthy build report page and it don't list it so I think MTD built it. but on the front of ihcubcadet.com it says until 700000! even though my # is higher than that! Can you tell me about his gray area and tell me what is acually going on here!?

Latest posts

Back