• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 24, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JOHN G. - I mounted a pair of weights just like those on the inside of My 72 Cub Cadet a week ago. I used the slots on the OD of the weight. Bolted up fine to the IHC weight siting inside of it.
RICHARD C. - I've had My 72 in that position too. But hung from the other end. It works better with a RED loader tractor though..... ;-)

Thanks Michael & Dennis! I was thinking they went on the outside of some other weight or whatever. Inside would be about right, IF... you had internal brakes.
bash.gif

Thanks for the info. Adrian, Myron, and Charlie.
I do believe though that mine has AL axle carriers but the other part the houses the fluid and differental is steel. Maybe a previous owner swamped it...

Jim

Bob,
Yes my 73 is very tired.

Mike,
The 4.5 HP or 10 HP motors you are talking about have their horsepower rated at 3600 rpm. Torque = (HP x 5252) / Speed. This formula is used for all engine types.
How do you convert engine torque to horsepower?
The diesel will only produce the same power as a Kohler at maximum rpm. The physical size of the diesel might be smaller. You might be able to run the motor at lower rpm and get more torque but I don't think that would make any sense.

The reason why a diesel engine in a truck has more power per hp than a gas engine is because the hp rating is done at a different rpm.

A diesel cub would be cool. The bigger the engine the better. I think a blower would also be a must. Maybe propane injection?
buttrock.gif

Wyatt - mostly attachment type work. i.e plowing, cultivator, harrow, box blade and etc...

Some ideas I was thinking about: repowered, split brakes, Hydraulic lift front and rear, belly blade, super steer (power assist), original paint scheme (powder coated where realistic for durability) and the list goes on.
buttrock.gif

Jim, do you have internal or external brakes. I think the 782's only had external brakes on the AL rearend. Every 782 CI rearend I've seen has had internal brakes. I'm glad my 682 (now with hyd lift) has AL rearend because of the external brakes and it has the better 3pt Cat "O" connections.
26697.jpg

26698.jpg

(Message edited by agitch on March 28, 2005)

Hmmm... you guys have good ideas there... stuff I'd been workin' on...

...except the propane injection... that's a good idea... :)

I don't have external brakes at all. I wish it did have them though.
buttrock.gif

Just a few pic's of the finished loader project, it aint pretty but it goes up & down and the buckes dumps at full lift.
26709.jpg

26710.jpg

26711.jpg

26712.jpg

26713.jpg

26714.jpg

26715.jpg

26716.jpg

Nice work on the Loader Lonny....Looks good...
I'd be happy to bring it to my house and test it's lifting capacities for a year or so.....
Just to make sure the bugs are worked out...
groupwave.gif

Bryan,
Do you have a close up pic of the exhaust stacks on you 169?

Oh DARN...... Here I thought Ray was going to post pic's of the "Take Your lawn mower to work Day" from the Windy City Lake Front... I've never seen a gang of riding lawn mowers running down Lake Shore Drive. ;-)

Denny......its a Narrow Frame gear drive thing.......The slushboxers will be at the bar watching it happen on W.G.N.

Curious thought....would you have to pay 80 cents per axle toll?? Can you use the "express lanes"?? How about the I-Pass??

Note to self........only slushboxes could travel THAT fast.....
err.gif

(Message edited by kupdike on March 29, 2005)

Ken/Denny,
The Hydros would do better through the I-PASS. They can reduce speed without having to stop. The gear drivers would be in harms way. . . .

Gov,
Gotta go, but I wanna put one of those stacks on my Original. . . .

Got some more work done on my friends 1000 today, he mounted the motor before I could get there, darn school. All he needs now is a carb rebuild and a couple of finishing touch's for now at least.

26732.jpg

26733.jpg

26734.gif

a general question. did any of the cubs have a locking rear diff. as an option or as an add on?

Apostle -

On the plus side, during rush hour, I think a hydro would be going FASTER than traffic
lol.gif

Hmmm - I better call the tollway and ask where I should put my I-Pass transponder... <font size="-2">Charlie - don't answer that!</font>

Ray -

Sorry, it was "my boss is in the downtown office" day. Thanks Kraig!!!!

Latest posts

Back