Archive through August 06, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbextermueller

displayname
Nic Bextermueller
I don't think any of the original engineers/designers were considering these tractors were still going to be mowing grass 40-50 years later when considering where to put grease zerks.

A subframe wearing out after this long just needs to be repaired or replaced.

Just like today's mowers don't have a life expectancy past the Big Box store curb...

Steve B.....
And if it's like around this area
In a couple days you can MOW some more!!
Did ours yesterday w/the 882 and 50C.
Did a decent job too!!

Mr Plow -

Quote:
"Jason/Harry,
You can also wire them to flash with a switch change........ "

---------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking, which usually leads to ME, being my own worst enemy!!!

Maybe using a 3 position switch plus the wiring diagram you posted:

307693.jpg

Along w/ an original IH flarestat hazard switch:

307694.jpg

In the top right corner dash knock-out:

307695.jpg

Then I could "REALLY" have true Flasher, instead of this superimposed image over gif,
thumbsup.gif

307696.gif

Then, as Hydro stated, I could go
f16.gif
down public highway with No Worries..............

<font size="+2">SWEET!!!</font>

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• 307695.jpg
    307695.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 154
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 131
  • 307694.jpg
    307694.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 136
  • 307693.jpg
    307693.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 307696.gif
    307696.gif
    96 KB · Views: 198
  • f16.gif
    f16.gif
    303 bytes · Views: 146
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 307693.jpg
    307693.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 307694.jpg
    307694.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 143
  • 307695.jpg
    307695.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 307696.gif
    307696.gif
    96 KB · Views: 141
Amen on 3 day mowing......just finished with 2072/982 Special and 60" Haban......what a HORSE!

Jason,

Just make sure you have enough clearance if you mount that switch in the upper right hand corner. You don't want to tear off your knuckles while making a quick turn!!
yikes.gif
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 137
  • yikes.gif
    yikes.gif
    977 bytes · Views: 133
Marty -

LoL, Or reaching "Through" steering wheel to engage/disengage flasher during sharp turn, Might be better off coming in from bent lift handle side under steering wheel!
thumbsup.gif

307707.jpg

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 307707.jpg
    307707.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 147
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 139
  • 307707.jpg
    307707.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 165
Does it matter if my idle/air mixture screw (Cub 108 "26" carb) is bent, if it still screws in properly? Not sure how/when it happened...it might have been that way a while and it might have just happened when I pulled the carb apart and had to reef on the center sleeve

Rebuilt the carb on my K301 with a Kohler kit. Set the float and reinstalled. Turned the fuel on and it came pouring out the vent hole. Thought maybe the float was bad so I put a new Kohler float in it. Same thing. I can turn the carb upside down and can't blow through the inlet so the needle is closing. Should I just set the float to a lower level and see what that does?

Quick question. Is the tie rod for an Original supposed to be straight or slightly bent? I'm slowly making progress on the Original that I started last spring. Hard to do when work and old age get in the way.

Update:The fuel is t coming out the vent it's coming out through the main jet. Looking down the throat you can see it flowing around where the needle goes down through

Wayne - yes it does matter. The threads are not where the "work" is being done. The taper (needle valve) needs to be straight so the air /gas can mix properly.

Doug A., I'm still thinking the float and needle/seat are the culprits. I can't envision any other way for the fuel to get that high in the carb.

Charlie P. Thank You!!!
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 129
Did you replace the needle seat? Did you use the gasket? Is the seat tight?

I agree with Charlie, carb upside-down, set float levEl or slightly high (technically low when right side up )

I did turn the carb over to set the float. I even tried setting the float way low. I grabbed another carb I had apart and put that one together and it does the same thing. All new parts. I pulled the float bowl off and gently raised the float and the fuel shut off. Scratchin' my head. Gotta be missing something.

Did you shake the float just to make sure it didn't have gas in it?

Check the surface of the needle. It doesn't take much of a scratch to leak gas around it.
A magnifying glass works well for that.

Just throwin stuff out there that I've seen, LOL

Latest posts

Back