• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 10, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A G ,It is a 129, and for the rear I guess you would say In the flex disc.Ball spacer

I have a cub belt pulley with gear box; has anyone tried to attach this unit to a rear PTO on a cub cadet 100 or similiar model? Will it fit and work? I think the transmissions and PTOs are the same.

Greg P. It should fit without any problems. The PTO's are the same.

149650.jpg

Myron, No harm intended. It just caught my eye that there were two lift handles. I can see where it could sure be handy. It took many more years for two valve hydrolics to come alongAnd this feature still was not possable. I wish that more of the aftermarket parts and attchments were findable.

Does anyone put any sealant on their rear-end cover gaskets? I didn't on my 149 and I had a big puddle of oil on the shed floor today. I had just taken the plow off last week and put the tiller on so the bolts were on and off, but everything was torqued back down. I just replaced the gasket this winter so it isn't that old. I plan on putting another new one on in the next week or so but was wondering if anyone puts any kind of gasket sealant on or anything else. Thanks, Nick

Nick:
The usual warning against using a sealant is that RTV type sealants "Squeeze out", leaving possible contamination inside the differential that can get in the pump on a hydro... I use it, very sparingly, on the gasket surfaces. You may have a warped back cover, caused by previous uneven overtorquing or some old gasket material on one of the mating surfaces leaving a bump that warped the cover... Take it off and check to see if it's flat (a machinist's straight edge is handy for checking for warpage)
thumbsup.gif

Nick; I don't use sealant on my cubs. However i use aluminum spray paint on my gasket then put it on while the paint is still tacky. I do this on head gaskets also. This became a habit when i rebuilt Ford and Chevy engines many years ago. I always check the rear plate for level and clean.

Nick,
I use Locktite #515 without a gasket at all. it is a anarobic sealer that hardens and seals when it looses contact with oxygen. This way your cover has full contact with the housing instead of the gasket between them loosening your bolts and causing leaks. My oilpan and rear are done like this and Ihave not had a leak yet!

Latest posts

Back