• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Finally doing a 100!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, another rainy Saturday. Monsoon season continues.
I think they said on the news that we are 12" above normal on rainfall!

I did get to work some on my stuff.
Took the hydraulic unit framework apart and sandblasted some parts.
Also sandblasted the rear lift assembly and implement lift lever.

They are sitting in the basement waiting for drier weather so they can be primed.

Marty-

We live close enough that I know you're getting ready for some wonderful sandblasting/painting weather. That wet stuff is taking a week off and some dryer air is visiting from the northwest. I call it "Carolina delight" and it's always a nice break this time of the year.

All of the work you've done has been fun to follow. How long before the finished product (again).

I know you said put armor all to help put the tires on but how do you do it without scratching the wheels?

Tim,

Get a big piece of cardboard to work on so you won't skin up the front of the rim.
Place the rim face down and put the tire on from the back side.

Any scratches will be on the back (inside) of the rim, and can be touched up with a small paint brush.

Finally got some primer on.

315762.jpg

Wayne,

I didn't mean to not answer you.
Were you asking when will I be finished?

If it will quit raining every Saturday, and everything goes OK, I hope to be finished by this fall.

I would like to have an attachment to put on the back, so I may refurb a turning plow.
This would be relatively easy and quick to do.

Marty G. Your 100 is looking fantastic! When you're finished would you like to refurbish my 100? I gave way too much for the little fella however I didn't want to see him scrapped. He'll need another dash pedestal, new steering wheel, front axle, etc. Basically I should have let him go to salvage only something said he's a diamond in the rough.

Marlin,

My 100 looks fantastic???
It's just a bunch of parts for now.

I would be glad to refurbish yours.
The only problem is, I have an "O", 70, another 100, two sickle mowers, two turning plows, two cultivators, two complete sets of discs, two front blades, and a seed/fertilizer planter waiting in line for a refurb too!
icon_eek.gif

If you even mention of letting your 100 go to salvage any more, I will come over there and...
bottom.gif
bottom.gif
bottom.gif
biggrin.gif

That's one of the best Cub Cadets ever made!!!

Do you have any pics of your 100?
I'll bet it doesn't look any worse than mine did.

Marty G. I need to get some pictures of the 100. Basically the poor little fella doesn't have an engine in it, broken front axle, locked in between gears. If I didn't get it I know that it would be cut up by now. I just couldn't allow that.

When painting a headlight panel(or anything that has threads), take some tubing and put on the threaded rods so they won't get painted.

Archive bug strikes again!

When painting a headlight panel (or anything threaded), put some tubing on the threaded rods so they won't get painted.
They come off a whole lot easier than tape.

315877.jpg

Got some more painting done today.

Before:

315878.jpg

The reason some parts were already yellow in the before pic, they did not get a good coat the first time, or they had a run.

After:

315879.jpg

Round two.

Before:

315880.jpg

After:

315881.jpg

Ran out of paint on the front fender.

Found a good place to hang some heavy parts to dry!
err.gif

315882.jpg

Worked about all day on the 100, but it seems I did not get much done.
Managed to spray some black today.

One thing I hate about rattle cans; you never know if it is gonna spray, stream, or squirt!

315898.jpg

Quote "
One thing I hate about rattle cans; you never know if it is gonna spray, stream, or squirt! "

And every once in awhile you hit upon a can that throws the perfect pattern, that's the can I steal the nozzle off of and then try to remember where I saved it!
biggrin.gif

You're doing some awesome work there. It's gonna be great when assembled.

Mike,

I tried that a time or two, but when I put the nozzle on another can, it did the same thing as the first nozzle!
bash.gif

That's when I went and bought a spray gun!
bouncy.gif

Marty, even small steps forwards are steps forward. What kind of black paint is that? I found a black appliance epoxy paint when I painted the steering wheel for my Original that went on very nice. I used it on the foot rests for my still unfinished #1 125 refurb as well. I'm not sure how well those will hold up but I would hope better than regular paint. The footrests on my Original are powder coated.

Kraig,

I think it is Krylon rattle can.
The trick to the paint holding up is lots of coats!
err.gif

The muffler was painted with high temp. paint I purchased at an auto supply store.

Marty, I have had good success with Krylon paint and yes multiple coats helps.
happy.gif
When I refurbished my Original it needed a new muffler which came painted black. I didn't think the black muffler looked right so I used a high temp silver paint that has held up nicely. Not saying you should paint yours silver, just saying that should you prefer silver, it is available in high temp.
happy.gif

Kraig,

The muffler was silver. I painted it black.
The reason I painted it black, it would turn black in the middle eventually with the exhaust coming out.
If I decide to go with silver, I will just sandblast it and not worry about any paint.

Marty, I was almost the same, once I got my first paint gun.. I had to have another then another! Each one does the same thing but just a bit different.

Kinda like those potato chips.. can't eat just one! LOL.

Back