• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Finally doing a 100!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't really posted any pics of the frame lately.
Before anybody says anything, NO, these are not the tires that are going on this one.
err.gif

I am just using them for now while rolling it around to work on. The final wheels will be added during the finishing touches.

316692.jpg

316693.jpg

316694.jpg

Marty G. I'm tempted to ship my 100 to you to have it refurbished!!! Yours is looking great.

Marty-

That's what I'm talkin' about! It's finally looking like a 100 and you're doing a great job. I really like seeing another cub cadet given a second (third, fourth) chance at life. This is another cub that will start all over after 50+ years. Do you know what shape the engine is in?

When are you going to start building the cub barn???

Marty, what's up w/the 70 steering wheel??
I'd clean up those tires and use 'em.
They look to be original??
I gotta get busy w/mine and add the fenders I picked up several years ago.

David,

The earliest 70 and 100 had this type of steering wheel, and the other style was added soon after.
I may be wrong, but I heard/read that somewhere.

The tires on it currently are original tires. They will be going on a 70 later on.

Marty, you are correct. The early 100 had the same steering wheel as the 70.

Early Brochure:

316721.jpg

Later Brochure:

EDIT: I just noticed that in this later brochure, the tie rod on the 70 is mounted on the bottom of the spindle levers rather than on the top. Oops.
happy.gif

316722.jpg

David, those are actually the optional upholstered seat.

316726.jpg

316727.jpg

EDIT: Art Aytay had a couple of them reupholstered a few years back. Here's A LINK to where he posted info on them. Clink the link then scroll way down for Art's post.

Kraig,

The tie rod is placed that way to smooth out the dirt while plowing, so the tranny won't bottom out.
lol.gif

Kraig M/ I noticed the 70 has the wide tires on it also.

Marty G. You may be onto something.

Finally got back to doing some 100 work.
Cleaned the hydraulic lift unit up and got it ready for reassembly.
Need a couple of parts before I can put it back together.

317749.jpg

As usual, I had to do a few more parts while doing my hydraulic unit.
Sandblasted and primed.

317750.jpg

The hydraulic unit is back together, primed, and painted!
After about 3 months of waiting, it finally was decent enough to do some painting. Hooraayy!!!
One more good day of painting should about finish up on the 100.
bouncy.gif

Since the migraines have subsided for now, got to do some more work on the 100 today.
The engine is back together and just sitting close to where it will be permanently.
The hydraulic unit is together and on the cub.

There is still a lot to do, but I will get there one day.
If I can keep the migraines at bay, I may finish in time for Christmas! (which is only 49 more days away)
yikes.gif

318065.jpg

Marty-

I'm glad to hear your headaches have subsided and hope they stay gone.

Your 100 is looking very nice. You really do good work and I'm looking forward to the finished product.

How difficult was the hydraulic system install?

Latest posts

Back