• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Finally doing a 100!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup, I remember when I got my first paint ball gun. Back in the day
bash.gif

Painted a little more today.
The high humidity didn't help any, but it's not going back down until about October.

Started taking the engine apart today also.
What a mess!

316146.jpg

Tip:
If anyone decides to paint an engine, at least take the covers off and clean it first!

316147.jpg

316148.jpg

Look at all that crud!

316149.jpg

Kraig,

You know how it feels to rescue a homeless or abused animal?

I feel like I rescued an abused cub!
angel.gif

David,

I was thinking the same thing.
I have a few more things that need washing, so I may pull out my pressure washer today.

Managed to get a few parts sandblasted and almost primed before the wasps lit in on me.
I did go ahead and finish priming.

Didn't know those devils were there until it was too late.
I found at least three nests hidden in my portable paint booth.

This makes the second weekend in a row I have been attacked by those suckers.
I thought I got them last week when I destroyed a nest and killed most of them.

It's amazing how a small sting can hurt so dang much!

Anyway, here is a pic of the parts.
I know, I know, I always have to do extra parts.
err.gif

316350.jpg

Kraig,

Made some progress this morning before I went to work.
Gave those wasps a bath with wasp and hornet spray!
draw.gif

It's looking real good Marty! Steady and sure progress. It is always a bummer to get attacked by those little stinging devils--especially when you're trying to get some work done. Talk about "things that kill your Cub time"
asthanos.gif
. Just letting you know that I'm following your thread and I can't wait to see how it looks when you are finished! Someday in about 6 or 7 years, I'll restore my third Child Judge's 100. It will be a great father son project and I'll check in here for reference no doubt! Next up is Caleb's 125. This fall hopefully we will get started...

Keep up the GREAT WORK!

Marty G. We've had wasps hanging around the garage doors the past two years. Thankfully they haven't stung anyone yet. And your making nice progress with the paint.

Got some work done today.

Pressure washed the engine and covers.
Cleaned the hydraulic cylinder, put new seals in, cleaned and primed it.
Cleaned the hydraulic unit.
Cleaned the hoses.

Tip: Make sure you have safety glasses on when working on the cylinder.
Also, make sure there's nothing around that you are not willing to get hydraulic fluid on.
That cylinder can shoot some fluid!
lol.gif

Marty-

I was out with a friend cutting firewood today and I can understand how the weather was good for painting. Here in NC we don't experience low humidity very often especially in August. It's suppose to continue for a few days yet so get that 100 finished up...we want pics!

Wayne,

You're cutting wood this time of year?
Aren't you concerned with the heat, ticks, spiders, snakes, and most of all the BEES!
I wait until January to start cutting wood.

David,

A sandblast cabinet with the air set on about 50 psi.
Here is a better pic:

316537.jpg

Marty-

The wood I am cutting is sort of a "bird in hand" deal. It's visible from a country road and fell out in a pasture. A lot of people have inquired and I got first dibs so it needs to be worked. So far there haven't been any critters encountered.

That head looks new...good job! I had a blast cabinet but gave it to a buddy a few years back...big mistake.

Not much got done this weekend.
I did manage to put on the fenders and steering wheel. Also put the insides back in the grote tail light.

Back