• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Finally doing a 100!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne,

It went together fairly easy.
I didn't tighten anything down until I got it all together.

The belt will be put in place when I bolt down the motor.
The driveshaft will have to go in the drive plate, and at the same time, the anti-rattle springs will have to be installed.
I need four hands to get all that aligned at the same time.
lol.gif

The front pto was pretty tricky to get into the pto basket with the rattle clips in that also.

Marty, whoa, that's looking great! Sorry to hear you've been suffering from migraines but good to hear they have subsided.

Nobody said anything about me not having the front pto rod on yet!
correct police.gif

I took the belt off the hyd. pulley, and loosened the hyd. unit. It barely went on.

Just remind me when I install the front panel to put the rest of the rod on!
a_blink2.gif
biggrin.gif

Marty, yep that PTO rod has tripped me up a time or two when reassembling Cubs and I don't even have a hydraulic pump on any of my Cubs. It's hard enough to install with just the S/G and S/G belt.

Got the wiring done, along with some more details.

Thought I would mention how I fix the wheel weights.
If you are going to do a restore and don't want to mess up (scratch) the rims, use some felt on the weights.

Yellow craft felt can be bought at Wallyworld in the craft section. It comes in a sheet about the size of a sheet of paper.

Lay the wheel weight on the felt front side up and mark the outside edge with a felt tip marker.
Cut out the strip just inside the mark and make the strip about 3/4"-1" wide.

I use Elmer's glue because it dries clear, and could be removed easily in needed.
Elmer's glue is not a strong glue, but once the weights are in place, the felt won't go any where.

Once the strips are cut, lay it on the wheel weight and mark where the notch needs to be cut for the bolt holes.
Then apply the glue.

Turn the felt over and place on the weight.
The felt will slide around and flex some so it can be positioned close to the outside edge of the weight.

Once it is in place, take your hand and press down lightly to spread the glue and seal the felt to the weight.

318559.jpg

Laying beside the stove to dry.

318560.jpg

Nice restore you have going on there! I thought about the felt thing or rubber when I got my weights from Hydro's kid a couple of years ago. My 122 is a worker in the snow we get up here. I went with rubber.I figured the rubber wouldn't absorb water, hence rust. I just used masking tape to hold the strips to the rim,two strips per weight and removed the tape later. I used weights on the inside of the rim also. I'd post pics if I could. Hope this isn't what they call a highjack.On another note,is that going to be a electric PTO? Interested to see how that gets turned on and off.

Michael,

It is a manual pto. The wires go to the voltage regulator and headlights.
Put a good paint job on it, and it won't rust!
err.gif

A good paint job is no match for moisture being held against it. I would also use rubber if it were mine...

Matt,

It won't stay wet if you don't leave it outside.
err.gif

I was referring to restored cubs concerning the weights, not working cubs.
If you use weights on a working tractor, I wouldn't worry about scratching the rims. The rest of the tractor will have plenty of scratches if you use it.

My 128 is the "working" garden tractor I use.
It does not have any wheel weights on it at all. The reason is because the dirt would get lodged between the weight and the rim. This would create problems for sure.
For this reason, I put tubes in the tires and filled them with a combination of water and windshield washer fluid for the added weight.

All of my restored tractors (even the 128) reside in my basement where it is nice and warm in the winter, and cool and dry in the summer.
thumbsup_old.gif

Finally get to wake up this dead thread.

I haven't been able to paint for almost seven months!
It has been cold, snowy, rainy, or windy since October.
There was a small breeze today with the pollen still high, but I went for it anyway. I couldn't stand it any more.

Finished up on my yellow painting, and hope to finish the white tomorrow or Thursday.

320339.jpg

I only needed one brace and the clutch cover, but like usual, I had to paint a few extra pieces.
biggrin.gif

320340.jpg

Marty, good to hear and see you were able to make some progress!
greenthumb.gif

Marty-

I have been wondering if you would get back to the 100 with the nice weather we're having here in NC. The humidity is at the "paint now" level. The pollen level isn't so good but I'm glad it's not holding you back.

Hope to see the finished product soon!

Wayne,

It held me back some.
I came home from work yesterday, and went to bed.
Feel rough today, but I must press on.

Got the white painting done today. Yeee Haaah!!!

320346.jpg

Of course, I did extra.
err.gif

Three of these:

320347.jpg

320348.jpg

And three of these:

320349.jpg

Started on the attachment yesterday.
Managed to get everything apart without messing up any threads, or wringing off any bolts! Thanks to some PB Blaster.
I think that is a first for me.
And of course, I had to do some extra.
err.gif

321093.jpg

I also managed to sandblast a few pieces, and put some primer on before I got dang hot in this heat!

321094.jpg

Sandblasted and primed a few more pieces.
It is 96 degrees in the shade now.
I can only do so much when it is this dang hot.

321145.jpg

Marty, nice progress.

Earl, it looks like Brinly plow parts. Coulters, coulter brackets, sleeve hitch yokes, a frog and a standard.

Latest posts

Back