• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Computer question. . . .

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cathleen M.
NEVER EVER, turn all your protection off, no matter ANY download tells you to!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no point in doing so.

A tip if your watching videos of any type, especially if your using Firefox.

Open said video in a PRIVATE WINDOW.
You can right click the link and you have that option.
298370.jpg

There's a program out called Adblock Plus, that stops all sorts of crap as well.

PS,
Your puter tech is an IDIOT!

Good morning, All. Have a chance for a FREE upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Should I go for it or stay with Windows 7? TIA.
happy.gif

Marlin H.
You actually have a chance to RESERVE Windows 10.
Go ahead and do it, BUT! Don't download and install it for 6 to 8 months or so. That way they get most of the bugs out of the system.

I'm with Charlie.... In the past we would have said wait for the .1 version, but according to what MS is saying there will not be step releases, but just a never ending series of inline updates like your security updates you get now (you DO have automatic updates set, right?) (Patch Tuesday will now get even more interesting for IT Pros....)

I have installed 10 on all my computers, 6 total, and I really like it. Seems to run better on all my machines, they are a bit faster. My stuff is far from new. The newest one is a 6 month old All-In-One that started life as 8.1, which SUCKED!!!! The oldest machine is a 11 year old Dell with a P4 Hyper-threading processor. It has a big drive and 4 gig of RAM, but it runs 10 really well. I think Microsoft did a decent job this time..... much better than some of the other "upgrades"... like ME ........ or 8.x

Gerry,

I understand about the IT headaches. I ran a large network for many years, for a while it was a Sun/UNIX environment, then we were told we WILL be going to a Windows environment. So I had the fun of making everything work on 2000, then XP, and finally 7. My duties have changed, unfortunately, I really liked that job, but it was fun to "discover".... oh ONE of those 100 patches that just loaded broke a vital tool......

A Computer Very Boring Picture Question: I have Windows 7, What am I doing wrong? So I have read FAQ #22 about 20 times regarding posting Digital Pictures as an attachment to a message. Accidently, I actually got 1 pic thru, and I have no idea why. I have tried maybe 50 times. I seen the Yellow [Oops I Goofed} thing the other 49times prior to wanting to hit POST. So I cancel THAT post and try again.
So let's begin: I'll type this: Hi guys. Here's my 149. I hit the 'space' bar. Then I add a backstrike \ then the word image, then the bracket symbol { then the word CUB. Then the backwards bracket symbol } Being careful to keep it intact on 1 line. Next, I will go down and hit the Box Upload Attachment. A window comes up. THEN I hit Browse. I find my Computer's digital image file that I already shrunk to 500x375 pixels. I hit it's word 'CHOOSE'. So far so good. Now my message has within it the backslash and the word image and brackets surrounding the word CUB. Oh boy,swell. THEN I hit Preview/Post Message. Skunked again, I get the dreaded Yellow Oops Box so I cancel yet another post. As my signature sez, "If the Truth is Crystal Clear I must need glasses". So wuzzup? Locomotiveman Tom

Tom - I just use the "Upload Attachment" button at the bottom of the message text entry area to post pics & it always works for me (if the pics are under the 100kb size limit). Doing it that way, I don't have to worry about getting all the brackets, backslashes, etc right. It should look like this as you go. I hope this all makes sense - and that I didn't misunderstand your post.

300262.jpg

300263.jpg

If it still isn't working for you, I'm in Olivia and would be happy to stop by when I'm in Willmar and try to help you figure it out.

Greg

Guys, Greg lives nearby, so we're gonna 'Git er Dun' picture-wise. Locomotiveman Tom

This place rules, Greg is a great example of guys here.

All better. Greg L. stopped by..a little re-education steered me right. My problem was slightly smaller Pixel count was needed and having the /{ blah blah on a separate message line. Presto! I'm smarter now. Tks Greg L. Locomotiveman Tom

I'm having this "script error" come up and can't figure what to do to get rid of it. It started last week then after an update for Java it stopped . . .for a while. It's now back and pops up every few pages. I couldn't copy the window so I tried the camera. I think it is enough to give an idea.

300923.jpg

I need a nerd!

Wayne S.
It gonna be a PITA, but I'd dump your cache, cookies and browsing and search history and start over.
Dead scripts are damn near impossible to get rid of.

If you want to copy that URL and Goggle it, there might be a fix, but I kinda doubt it.

Thanks guys.

I've noticed that different URLs have been coming up too.

Man!
I just installed a Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-7KE1T0BW) on my machine and it made a HUGE difference in the speed.
It took 4 1/2 hours to do the transfer, but everything is almost INSTANT.

If your having speed issues on your machine, consider getting a SSD drive, You won't regret it.
I was just freakin amazed!

Okay.... Someone has apparently "hacked" my Facebook account. When I reset y password it keeps coming up that I have a Malware device and I need to have my computer fixed and to go to this site. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back