• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello From South East Iowa

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie McDowell

Hello All,
I am from the South East corner of Iowa, when we moved in to my late Father in Laws house we inherited an old Cub Cadet mower, now my son (10) has decided he would like to restore/ make it useable again as we are just returning home form the Mid West Old Threshers Reunion with our '39 Chevy Sedan. I have done some research and now recognize this mower is a 61-63 "Original" with a K-161 electric start engine. This thing has been outside for a LONG time, and as such the wheels are pretty well done for does anyone have a good source for Re-pop wheels? here are some photos to help tell the story:

CC1.jpg
CC2.jpg

Thanks,
Donnie

Put in a want ad here for some rear wheels. It should be very easy to find a good pair of used 6-12 wheels. New ones would not be worth it if you can even get them.

Welcome to you and your son. Check with one of our sponsors at the top of the page for used parts. Benjamin Gustafson this site has used original parts for sale he may have what you need.

Last edited:
Donnie, WELCOME! That sounds like a great father and son project.

Latest posts

Back