• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Computer question. . . .

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
I view a lot of online TV shows and recently started getting this window. It pops up every time before the shows start loading. I'm using vista if that helps. I would like to know how to get rid of this all together. I have to "abort" because the close button in the upper right corner will not work. It sometimes reappears 2, 3, or even 4 times before going away. I just took a picture of it to post.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am practically computer illiterate.

184594.jpg

Art, dude, thanks for that link. Okay, it didn't do me any good but it got me to do a search for windows forums which brought up XP. I am the most computer illiterate person I know.

Art-

I went to the forum and followed the procedure it offered. After that I returned to my "computer routines" and wasn't able to view where I had been able. It apparently requires disabling adobe reader and without that I can't view a lot of what I have been. I may have rid my computer of the problem but I'm now wondering how to get the adobe enabled without the problem returning.

Dave-

You may be the second most illiterate but I think I hold first place.

Thanks to the both of you.....Wayne

Wayne, The last time my computer got real slow a buddy told me it had froze up, so I throwed hot water on it. I, at first, thought it worked cause it started to smoke so I knew it was warming up. Then all at once the smoke stopped and the screen went blank. I took it over to a buddies that said he could fix it (his dad was a TV repairman). He told me the smoke is a "magic" smoke that helps keep the flux capacitor pressurized to squeeze the dilithium crystal which, of cource, allows it all to work in this dimension. You really need good information to make good decisions. I guess you have to turn it off before pouring water into it. Just trying to pass along the info. Have a nice day
happy.gif

Are we having a "Most illiterate" contest? Where do I sign up.

The sign up sheet aint full, some DA put it in DOS and nobody can figure out where to click.
happy.gif

OMG, DOS?... can somebody just shoot me now? gawd, that was a nightmare to use. Blah blah backslash this to open that...never again.

Jim-

Are trying to correct the same thing? I still haven't gotten rid of the problem. They give directions for people that know something about these here machines.

I'd love to get rid of this rediculous windows vista crap.

sorry Wayne, my puter is working too good to mess with now...not gonna attempt to view tv on it or nothing that exotic.
'sides, who needs that when you get all the entertainment legally allowed right here on the Forum?
clappy.gif

Peoples Iz a kneedin hope witf tis hear puter mochine. I kant open docs.
190097.gif

I just put "wordview_en-us.exe" on here and it still pops up the same crap !

Well I found a viewer that works but the font is HUGE ... Thankx MICROLIMP !!!

I finally got rid of that darn warning that kept popping up. Now I'm having problems trying to speed this here machine up a little. I do a restore periodically and in the past that has worked well. Now when I do a restore, like I just did, it doesn't seem to respond as well and remains pretty slow. My laptop is 3 years old as of last April and I'm still dealing with vista. My question here is after I restore can I defragment or is there an order for these things. I'm still pretty illiterate but I know how fast things have been getting done and that seems a thing of the past. I've never done a defrag either. I was told it's a good idea for speeding things up.

Kentuck - I know you'd be a great help so if you're ok and able please break your silence and share some of that "genius".

Anyone knowing anything of what I'm talking about please feel free to chime in.

Thanks in advance.....Wayne

Wayne, defrag will help with speed. Its in the Vista utilities somewhere...someone else may help out here. My observation is...defrag before you go to bed, it can take 2 or 3 hours depending how scattered your data is.

Are any of you using SSD for a storage device? I installed the one I purchased today. It was an Intel product and along with the cloning software (Acronis) the process was simple and made much easier because my laptop has two HD bays.

My Windows performance went from 5.9 to 7.2 with the SSD. Applications such as Photo Shop open instantly as do my photo albums, Firefox browser, google earth...etc.

My system... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834114797

219517.jpg

I will say that windows 7pro 64bit only loads about 2-3 seconds faster so no big deal on the OS load times.

by the way, Win7 is optimized for SSD drives.
I installed the drive and Windows installed the drivers and put a green check mark up saying the drive was ready to use and it was.

This morning some new crap started coming up. It seems every time I open a new window a page labeled notepad comes up and most of the time it does it twice, back to back. I did a system restore and it didn't help. I went to Windows Community and couldn't find anything pertaining to this problem. I never open unidentified emails and Mcafee seems to be doing its job so I am lost as to what to do. This laptop will be 4 years old in two months. I'm sort of expecting a super crash any day now. I did replace one of the two 512mb chips with a 1 gig chip making it a little faster. I'm now wondering if replacing the other chip will help in overall matters. I probably need the space by now too.

Any ideas?

Wayne, it sounds like you may have inadvertantly activated a "feature" of your software, although I've certainly never heard of Notepad opening itself up before.

Thanks Jeremiah-

All of the sudden it stops doing it....go figure!

I restored the system and it did it once more then it stopped. I don't know. This just pisses me off!

Thanks for the input.

Wayne, under the heading of 'computers, go figure'...the alarm on my new car has reconfigured itself twice in 6 months. I have no idea why...'go figure'.

Back