• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

400 Tiller Questions

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBH

displayname
OBH
I'm helping a friend with his 192-400 tiller, I was able to get the Briggs 8 HP running and the tines to engage properly. As we mounted it on the tractor it doesn't appear to have as much lift as I would think is correct, it does not lift high enough to clear the tail wheel from the ground. Is this common for these tillers? It is pretty heavy.

Does anyone have a picture or operators manual that shows correct mounting/attachment to the tractor?

We tried tilling briefly in my plowed garden, I have to say it was not very impressive. The engine would stall at times when it hit a clump of sod or hard ground. Seems like you really have to step down the depth as you go with slow groundspeed.

Back