• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 28, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in need of a little learnin'. I was parting out an abused and blown up IH 782 and taking apart the Series 1 KT17. I was under the assumption that the Series 1 KT had NO filter a d a non-pressurized oiling system. But the Series 2 got the oil filter and pressurized oil system. I had heard that some Series 1 had a block plate to add a filter, but never made the connection that it had an oil pump.

This engine had no block off plate either. What exactly was the pump oiling if the series 2 was the "non-explosive" version.

Nic,

I was looking at page 27 of the Kohler Service Manual. For the Series I engine, the rod bearings are lubricated by spray from the cam. For the Series II engine, the rod bearings are pressure lubricated through journals in the crank.

looking for 100/10hp engine manual can someone help me out.not on forum manuals thanks stan.}

Will a flat belt pulley/gearbox off of a Cub fit directly on an early Cub Cadet with the rear PTO, or what is the difference in gearboxes/shafts between the two?

Good morning, All. Our computer's been acting up really bad and still is. I am fortunate to be able to post this morning. Just checked and the total membership is currently at 8303. so that tells me that we must be doing something <u>right</u> tor have that many members even though over 8,200+ plus just read and lurk or read just to learn new information. My thoughts on this site turning into another BLAH-BLAH site is as follows.... EVERYTHING in the universe at times becomes boring or repetitive to some. However even though this site to some may seem boring and trouble some it is still one of THE BEST and most simple to navigate and learn something about a Cub Cadet garden or lawn tractor. Sure it is a pain in the arse to maintain. What in life isn't a pain to maintain. Everyday breathing for some means being hooked to a machine and yet they still have the desire to live life the best they can. This site has survived many ups and downs and right now may seem stagnant to some only to those lurking it probably is the BEST and MOST INFORMATIVE place they can get information about their Cub cadet without having to navigate through a lot of different threads. Sure some screw up and post in the wrong section. Patiently guide them to the correct section and encourage them to continue to post. I can think of two incidences where I stepped in to help someone with hydro problems and have never heard back from them. Do I shutter my doors and leave this site. Heck no. There are a lot of others that may not post however they gain from my mundane post on how to diagnose their hydro. Do I visit Only Cub Cadets? Occasionally. But to shut the doors on this particular site. I can only say that I truly wish that I had the money to purchase it. I would guarantee that no matter how much a PITA it may seem to be it would never be shuttered. Too many good people use it for knowledge that otherwise can't be found elsewhere. I'm off to work now... Everyone BE SAFE and have a wonderful day. I hope this weekend to put the snow thrower mounted on the Keepsake 1650.

STANLEY L. - re engine service manuals are by engine family. They cover all sizes in that family and most if not all the options available like fuel and charging systems, clutches & gear reductions.

There were IH engine manuals for the K241 used in the model 100, but the Kohler manual works well too. You can print off your own copy by completing the proper clicks of your mouse here.http://www.kohlerengines.com/manuals/landing.htm

Marlin,

I would like to echo your post. I love this place.

Lurk a lot. Post a few things. At first I offered advise. Less so now as my job gets in the way of my fun. As I'm sure that all of the administrators of this site must also feel that pressure as well.

I just looked I've only had 93 post since March 2011 but If I could check I bet I've looked at Cub Cadet Forum well over 1000 times.

Marlin if I hear you right it could feel thankless, and I've not done anything to change that.

So let me offer my long overdue. Thank you to the 3-4 Cub guys that run this place I appreciate the time and care you all spend on this site.

Bill

Jeff B,

Using an S/G off of an Original on your 169 won't work as it spins opposite direction (CW) and would be spinning your engine backwards.

I thought all IH Cub Cadets had the engine that ran the same direction. Which if you are looking at the engine through the grill would be Counter Clock Wise. I have never seen an Original in person, so I may be mistaken. However, I have never seen it mentioned before that Originals run backward from all other IH Cubs. I know the even after the S/G Cubs the Quietlines and 82 Series all run CCW.

Ron, are you sure about that? The Original engine spins the same direction as all the other Cub Cadets. The difference is, the Original used a slightly smaller S/G that may not have the torque to spin a K341.

Back