• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 25, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
My snow plow tractor this yesr is going to be the 71 with chained tires, two sets of wheel weights and my fat a$$.

Went to pick up the smoker from my nephews house this morning. With the 12 degree temp she didn't wanna' go'
censored.gif
. That's the major negitive of a diesel.

(Message edited by thoffman on November 25, 2004)

Tom, you need a gear reduction starter. All the difference in the world
smile.gif

Just checking in from warm Ft Lauderdale Florida, you guys really got a first blast of snow to start the season, 84 degrees here today. Really glad to see the regulars still around. You guys have a great thanksgiving with you and yours and may all your blessings continue next year.

Twelborn, I just moved from Ft. L; I didn't know there were any other cubbers down there!!!

OK Turkey Day Lovers - I'm back again.

Bryan - I just gots to know (since you didn't respond to my last post) - was the spring you bought Olive Drab?

Jason H - the more I think about your problem, the more it bugs me. You seem to have an operating Governor, and your rebuilt carb sounds ok sssssooooooo - now I'm leaning toward the throttle cable itself and that dag blame mounting bracket they used on the 1450 blower housing. Unfortunately I only have a 169 for quick reference and that won't do. If you can post some CLEAR pics of your Gov/spring and throttle mounting and the carb - maybe someone else with a 1450 could take a pic and post it as well. If not, I'd put your spring back to where the "well worn" marks are on the Gov arm and connector, and then start looking at the throttle cable mount bracket and see if the cable shielding is limiting or causing the cable to kink, stop, or something.

Johnny Sunshine and T Welborn - shazzzzammmm - there are 2 of you down there in South FLA. Next time I'm down that way I'll have to look you guys up and refresh my Kohler sniffin snozola. (By the way Johnny, what ever happend to the rod in your 12hp.)

Hydro Harry
Hydros Forever

(Message edited by hbursell on November 25, 2004)

Can somebody post a picture of location and mounting of a power angle cylinder on a 42"snow blade, I have cyl. just have to drill holes in the correct location, thanks for any input.

Digger thanks for the quick response, the pictures and dim. is just what I been looking for, will be this weekend job to mount on plow and get 782 ready to plow, since we allready got the first snow

Ya know,
Every once and a while we all see something dealing with these Cubs that just blows our socks off!
Well, tonight was no exception.
This Original SN-29902 just sold for $1,075.00 in Wyoming of all places, Guess we know what takes the place of sheep out that way now days!!!!!!
23403.jpg

Oh yea, it runs 20 M.P.H in 3rd gear too, LOL

Harry -

Family and the holiday (amongst many other things) take precedence over the color of a governor spring.

Kelly green. But not JD green.

I had a great time at my Dad's looking through his old Farm & Power equipment magazines today. Early through mid seventies, what a hoot. All kinds of ads with/for/relating to Cubs. Dad wrote a column in it and it sure was funny to see his pic at the top of the page without hair (his present wife forced him to get a wig). I had never noticed these before because they're bound in half yearly volumes into books. What a find!

Thomas W.
You could have been blessed with over 5" of snow if you'd stayed put in our fine state. Good to hear from you.

I hope to get the 126 outfitted for snow tomorrow. Blade, chains, fluid filled tires, 60#s weight per wheel, box scraper is ready too. That oughta guarantee we won't get any real accumulation again this year.

Digger the ol lady let me out of the shop long enough to eat turkey. We've got a heavy frost , bring snowblower and blade !

Hydro Harry ... what can I say
wave.gif

<font size="-2">... carrying a fresh cup of coffee to the shop ...</font>}

Problem I have right now Wes, is I only have 2 cubs running, one has the loader on it, which is <u>not</u> quick change. And I don't feel like switching over the snowblower and the blade all the time. Maybe I will end up using the blade again.

Bryan,

No I don't have a deal on a JD KT17, never even seen one. My 682 series I is starting to use oil, from what I read in the forum, it's not worth overhauling. Just seeing what my options are in case I run into a good KT17 series II in the IH classifieds or Ebay.
I would like to get one out of Tulsa Warehouse but they're just totally too much.

Hello All,

I'm new to this board (and to Cub Cadets) and hope that y'all will be able to help me out. I recently got a free Cub Cadet 102 from a friend. It used to run fine two years ago but "something in there broke."

I'm starting to learn mechanics and I understand most the mechanical aspects of the tractor, but the electrical components are not something I am familiar with. The tractor came partially disassembled, with a big box full of parts and fasteners, and a dead battery.

Once I charge the battery, I fully doubt it will run due all these loose wires. The hardest thing to identify in my parts bin is a round cylinder with a wire coming out , complete with a mounting bracket that goes...somewhere (see pic). I'm guessing this is a capicitator of some kind, but I don't know.

When I noticed the choke wasn't working right I took off the air filter and found the choke cable braket wasn't there at all (easy fix I assume) and two loose wires (see pic 2). I really just don't get along with electrical systems here, what are they?

Finally, I have uninstalled headlights, which I assumed would be really simple to figure out and have not really looked at them, but considering my luck I won't understand those either.

Otherwise, the tractor seems to be in good shape, except that the old owner decided to paint the hood and other parts black, and one of the wheels John Deere green
eww.gif
. While I do plan on using my Cadet for work, I will restore (or at least get the paint colors right) this Cadet to some sort of glory, assuming I can get it to work.

Thanks in Advance!
23410.jpg
23411.jpg

Too much turkey! That would explain the problem I'm having with the 109 rebuild. I don't fully understand how the PTO bearing is held in place by the retainer. I thought it was installed correctly but when putting on the clutch, the bearing pulled off the shaft. I twisted the retainer over the bearing coller before tighting it down to the shaft. This is a new bearing & retainer btw. Anyone with some ideas?

John

Zachary, It looks like your missing the ignition coil. The part your asking about is the condenser which goes from the point side of the coil to ground. I'ts purpose is to extend the life of the points. The coil supplies spark to the plug.

John

Zach,
As much as I hate to say this! Visit one of the sponsors above and buy the freakin manuals for your Cub, If not, just send that 102 to me and buy a yourself a new one. ;-P
BUT first CLICK HERE and download the FREE manual for your engine from Kohler.
23413.jpg

23414.jpg

Back