• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 13, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was short enough for even me to download.
uhoh.gif

Allen: We gotta talk him into laying out $10 or so for a digital!
asthanos.gif

Even with a digital, there's a resistance in the leads that has to be taken into consideration, which will show up when the leads are held together. If it's set to read 500,000 ohms, ain't much gonna keep it from reading zero! I guess it's time to ask for a pic of F. Snerd's multimeter?
1a_scratchhead.gif

marlin,

delete the extra '/' from the url.... it'll load..

Scott T. Angel helped dial it in. :+) She said, "That was a big production."
angel.gif

it is not a multi meter.

i can post a pic if you like, but i thought ohm's meters were ohm's meters , so it should not make a difference.

it is a multi diagnostic engine analyzer for a car. about 30 years old. checks, dwell, tach, volts, ohm's,amps. i think that is everything.

i can post a pic and get the model name and number, if you really want to know.

it has several leads that plug into it, depending on what you want to test. ohm's is just two alligator clips.
i only use it as a volt and ohm's meter on the cub.

Has any one replaced the bearing on the 38" cast mower deck idler pulley? If so, what bearing did you use?

Matt Stetar. Thaks for the welcome and the info, it was very helpful. You were right the moderator did send me that link. Thanks again, Jeff Holland

Wayne Shytle. Thanks for the welcome. Ive always wanted a cub cadet, just had'nt gotten one. My 86 runs great and strong the only problem is it has none of the attachements it doesnt even have any of the handles. I'll have to get those when i can. Thaks again for the welcome. Jeff Holland.

Frank:
What they're trying to tell you is that the meter measurement range is important. When trying to measure something with low resistance, like a coil, the maximum reading of the meter should be close to the desired reading that you are looking for. Ranges on ohmmeters usually run 100 ohms, 1000 ohms, 100,000 ohms and 1,000,000 ohms. If you put it on a 100,000 ohm maximum scale and try to read something that's 4 to 8 ohms, it'll just look like a dead short. My trusty old B&K DVOM has a 10 ohm range and as has been stated , you can zero out the meter lead resistance with an adjustment on most of these meters. You asked why the two halves of the coil read different - because the coil is nothing more than a step up transformer, the primary side having many less windings than the secondary, therefore having less resistance..

Hello Guys,

I am dealing with my 108 now and have a couple of questions. The shaft coming out of the transmission has a wallowed out hole. I am speaking of where the driveshaft attaches with the coupler and 1/4" roll pins. I am having trouble even finding this shaft on the parts lookup for the proper name and p/n.

Has anyone ever heard of turning the shaft 90* and redrilling a 1/4" hole or will it be too hard? If that could be done it would simplify matters. I'm also wondering if the shaft could take the torque with the cross hole. If drilling the hole is possible I also thought about trying to "spot" weld the wallowed holes until filled being careful not to get it too hot. The seal there is shot anyway. I could just use it as is but there has to be some play there and I don't want to make matters worse.

Any suggestions?....Am I dreaming again?

Prethanks to any and all...Wayne

Back