• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 04, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mike, Thanks for the welcome!
Just not sure what I'm going to do....actually she's been on the property for at least 25 years. My buying this house 8 years ago was contigent on her staying!
She's been a good worker and has pushed (not plowed!) snow every winter. But, my right arm is getting tired of holding that blade up...especially since I'm left-handed.
thumbsup_old.gif

Kraig, hows it going? In the back of my mind I always thought the later originals could be had with a front clutch. I think I remember seeing one with it, trouble is my mind was not the first thing to go and in the same post you've got a link to a page that shows a few with it and you finish the thought with they never came with them. Was it a kit you could buy to add on?

Thanks Kraig,
I think I'll do that.
I noticed that you were able to tell Karen what
month her cub was born on. Where do I look for that info?
(My serial # is 1830 )

Karen, you could rig up a spring assist to help give your right arm a break. Here's one a forum member came up with for use on an Original. (I forget who came up with this one, perhaps Jonathan L.???)

151081.jpg

Dave, I believe that the PTO was still an option on the early 70/100. I'll do a little checking in my archives and see what I can come up with for proof.

Ok guys, time for some help. I looked in the vault and didn't find an answer. It's always what should be the simple crap or obvious that gets me. The 1650 I bought didn't have an air cleaner so I bought one locally. It had the non adjustable Walbro on it that was shot so I took a Carter off another 16hp Kohler, turned a bushing for the the throttle shaft and rebuilt it. Both carbs have a 1.200 throttle bore.(16hp right) Problem is the base for the air cleaner mounting holes are larger than the mounting area on the front of the carb. Did the 1650 come with the wrong carb or did I get the wrong air cleaner?

I forgot to mention, the Walbro I took off and the Carter I rebuilt have identical bolt patterns for the air cleaner.

Hey Kraig, Now that's a dandy idea! And it looks pretty easy.
Plus, I've got about 6 months to do it!!!

Karen, yeah it should be an easy setup to make. Just don't pinch your leg in the spring!
icon_eek.gif

I got to bring home a 782 this past Saturday. Last fall I noticed this sitting behind a repair shop approx 1 mile from my house. On January 2nd I stopped by and gave the guy a tiny bit of $$ for it and I said I'd come back and get it after snow melts. He did not know if the engine side covers were still around. Luckily they were resting against it when I picked it up Saturday. I used my 104 to tug it onto my trailer. Here's some pics.
151092.jpg

Serial Number 2050594U666444 tells me it's a 1979 Model
151093.jpg

It's winking, just happy to be here.
151094.jpg

KT-17 Series I with a Serious problem
151095.jpg

This left side piston does not move when I spin the engine.
151096.jpg

Custom Mower Deck Wheels !!!!!
151097.jpg

Now for today's question.

I was using the 100 Loader Tractor yesterday, I dumped the bucket and the engine shut off as if I turned the key off. There is no spark getting through the points to the spark plug. What is the problem?

I have not looked at it any further, the points open and close like normal but no spark, tonight I'll look closer.

I was ready to move onto another project anyways, so I plowed, disked, dragged, then planted some Sweet Corn! Used the 122 and 104, sorry no action shots. Here's one of them sitting together ready and waiting.
151103.jpg

Jim T., I believe production officially started in January of 1961.

Vince, nice! Love those custom gauge wheels. Especially the one on the right side.
roflol.gif

Dave, not really...
blush.gif

Thanks Charlie, The right part number is IH-473419-R91 - I think.

Will a 38-C mowing deck fit my 70 & 100 narrow frames without mods?

Kurt the Flying Squirrel
Here is the what it looked like when Tom Fournier bought it from you at Bluniers last fall
151143.jpg

Here it is after Tom got done with it
151144.jpg

Back