• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 28, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdunham

displayname
Kevin Dunham
Dave R.-Got an approximate head count for the 17th? Also,is there formal registration online or otherwise?

I am trying to fix a rusted hand lift mechanism on a project 108 and I have wrung off the thumb adjustor/release mechanism. It was frozen and I put out too much trying to uncsrew. Should I junk or is there another way to take apart. Thanks

Steve, great job on the 44" deck, I need to rebuild my 42" deck-mabey I could e-mail a few question's when I get to mine? I've recently moved into my new [old] house-Just not enough time for house repair's and cub repair's/maint. Grass is greenin up!! At this rate I'll have to resort to the lawnboy!!-NOT!!

Steve B,
Those front gauge wheel brackets, are they the ones you can buy from CC or did you make them?
I have thought about adding that handle to mine.
I remember when they started putting them on.
They make it nice for pulling the deck out from under the tractor.

I am trying to get a Cub Cadet clutch to release. I think I have the teaser spring and cup on backwards, but I don't know for sure. Does anyone know whether the teaser spring goes to the driver plate or to the rear. The rear clutch pressure plate that's slotted, I have a flat washer and then the spring the bearing cup then the throw-out bearing - This is the set up I have now, But, the clutch does not want to realease while the tractor is running to allow me to shift into gear. Thank you for any and all help~!

Jamie S.
17240.jpg

Jamie-

Check out the sponsors for a service manual on your model cub.

From memory, I believe the teaser goes between the TO bearing and the back plate. The side of the bearing that has the protruding center goes toward the front of the tractor/facing plates.

Under Edit: uh yeah...just refer to the drawing that Charlie posted for ya.

Hey Bryan, when we gonna get a PD7 page over on the PD forum? What is that count down Tedd?
happy.gif

(Message edited by rmull on March 28, 2004)

All,

Just returned from a week in Florida didn't see one cub. Stopped by the Ellliot museum in Jensen Beach. Low and behold they had a 1911 International Harvester Auto Buggy (high wheeler). Two cylinder gas air cooled chain drive. I'll try and get a pic.

George H

Thank you for the information! I really appreciate it. I can see from the drawing that the spring goes towards the T/O bearing and that the cup that holds the spring. I am new to the forum. I really enjoy and get a lot of good information from it. Thanks again

Jeff

here in the great white, salty northeast, that'd be referred to as a 'keeper'... hammer and dolly and bondo are cheaper and easier to find than rust free cars....
mine is here http://web.a-znet.com/~stanner/car/
lousy pic, gotta update... fighting rust issue

steve b.
that work your doin on the mower deck looks great
are you going to use that slip plate stuff on it to? i finally found the stuff at the local TSC store. i gotta do the same thing to mine before spring, i mean summer , yea that's it.

19 sheets of Durock, 500 screws and 4 bags of mortar.....Whew...I whupped!

Steve-
Forgot to congrat you on the deck....Nice Job!

Dunham-
I called you back, but no lovin' on the other end..

Thanks guys,

To address some of the questions I have gotten over it (I'll do it here to save on individual emails).

Smaller pulley / "Speed up" pulley: Late in the production of 44" decks IH changed the diameter of the center double drive pulley from +/-5-1/4" to +/-4". This was only on the 44" decks, but by using this PN on your 50" or early 44" you can really bump up the blade speed. It only works for yellow machines with the narrow (1/2") belts.

PN for pulley is IH 126393-C1 (44A decks with serial number 81742 and above)

(I can't take credit for this one, we discussed it on here several years ago and I'm pretty sure Bryan led the charge)

Gauge Wheels (front):

These are just standard kits for the 44/50 decks from MTD.....759-3250 (wheel kit) & 759-3253 (brackets). You do have to be very carefull to install them square and straight with respect to the cutting plane of the blades.

Anti-scalp roller (rear center):

This only works on 44" decks as the 50" don't have enought clearance behind the center blade to fit it in. Roller is the same PN as the front, weld in to supports and place axle at same level as front roller. (really great for ditches and the times when you back over a "hump")

Handle:

Late model 44" and 50" decks had a grab handle/discharge chute stiffener just outboard of the gauge wheels.........1/2" HRS bar stock...bend and weld.

Rear hanger reinforcements:

2-1/2" wide x 1/8" or 3/16" steel welded across the back edge of the deck makes cracks under the rear hangers a thing of the past. This is about the weakest spot on an IH deck. Works on all IH decks, but you might have to modify the steel specs.

Gators:

Some like'um some hate'um.....I like them and together with the small drive pulley they really lite-up a 44/50!!!!

I also replaced the outboard pulleys. For some reason (grease/grass clippings/dirt????) these really seem to wear into big "U" shapes fast......not good for transmitting full power.

I got it all primed this afternoon and hopefully I'll be able to throw some 935 at it this week......169 is itch'in for a good hard pull in some heavy spring grass.

Should be able to cut 12" grass at wide open hydro and 1/2 throttle and leave it looking "great"!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Art- Does that mean Momma's happy?????

Steve- nice job on the 44 deck

Boner- nice ride but too bad ya didn't go with a 6.0L in a Ford and then it would be an IH engine (navistar)
ihrotate.gif

(Message edited by hsimon on March 28, 2004)

Ryan -

I usually do it when I post all the pertinent info on the PD itself. However, since I haven't gotten a request, well, you know
wink.gif

Now if someone would like to assemble all the info and send it to me, I'll see what I can do about setting it up in the next few days - I'll be OOTO today and tomorrow, though...

Hugh-
6.0L, ick, pathooey . . anyways that's what I heard from a Navistar employee involved with the 6.0 and the "requested by Ford, fully tested and ready to procduce, but turned down by Ford" PSD V-6, about the injectors on the 6.0L. Ford's requested that the "technology" is replaced by a Common Rail injector system in a year or two.

Ryan,

529 Hours, 56 minuets and counting......

I'm hoping to get to Spot to set her up for Plowday, but man the time is just slipping away!!!!

More basment time this weekend and a party fot the little queen, (Emily's 7th) just killed the Cub time..

PD-7 up date, If your planning on being here E-mail me. Friday I got the release forms copied, Local fliers out in Prophetsown, Polo, Milleageville, and Fulton. Porta potty is spoke for, Signs made but still need to paint. No conncession stand yet. I'm not giving up on it but three weeks is an awfull short lead time to plan for.
Found out Sat. Somebody stole the 650 Holley off my girlfriends 70 Chevy truck, Momma wasn't happy.
Dam Bryan, My bad, I'll get it out to you now.

(Message edited by dross on March 29, 2004)

Art, I take it the engineer said the "I" joists were up to the task. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Those of you that made it to Art's place before the 2003 WFM Spring Break would not believe the transformation that Art and his lovely spouse have performed to their home. They did an awesome job!

Steve B., you may have to add "Mr. Mow" to your profile, though it doesn't sound as good as "Mr. Plow". Nice job on the 44" deck!! Thanks for the details on the mods.

Jeff R., the 123 looks great. I like the green tires. :eek:)

Dave, ?I would suggest setting up a simple webpage with the details. It's a lot easier to send people there than to answer a ton of emails!!!

Latest posts

Back