• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 28, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
So I decided to finally do some grass mowing today.
I check everything, grease the deck spindles and head out.
30 minutes into having a good day, the left spindle decided it was starting to get tired, then 2 minutes after hearing the noise, as I was heading to the shop. I look back and see 2 nice cut lines with a tomahawk strip of grass in the middle, LOL
So I flip the PTO button off, get to the shop.
Drop the deck, pull the belt cover and find the idler tension spring decided to go south with the spindle, Grrrr
The spindle drive belt felt like mush too.
I thought, why not check the other to spindles.
Good thing I did cause the other outer one sounded like it had sand in it.
So I changed out 2 spindles, 2 belts, entire idler assembly, and put a new set of blades on for good measure, LOL.
What a freaking waste of a hour and half, Grrrrrrr

So I head back out and start mowing and a pickup pulls up and decides he wants to relive his ENTIRE childhood growing up on a 1450, LOL

So after another 1 1/2 hours, I finally got back to mowing.
30 minutes later, the skies open up and dump on me, which ended what I thought would be an enjoyable afternoon mowing!
bash.gif

There's always tomorrow!
beerchug.gif

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 136
  • beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 138
Sounds like a rough day Charlie. At least you can sit back and laugh about it a little, lol.
beerchug.gif

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 140
Hey, Charlie, I know where you can get a new idler tension spring - I just got one (along with a bunch of other goodies to repair a mower deck) from a great source, called CCSpecialties. And, in case anyone here has never ordered parts from CCSpecialties, you wouldn't believe the fast service. I ordered parts at 1:30pm on Wednesday and had them on my doorstep when I got home Friday! And I even got my very own little red pour spouts! Thanks, Charlie - you may not have time to do your mowing, but you take great care of your customers!
beerchug.gif

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 131
just throwin' this out there....has anybody had the underside of a deck sprayed with linex bed liner? i'm thinking about tryin' it on the 42 incher i rebuilt last year....maybe 1/16 inch or so to keep from rusting. probably would make clean up a lot easier too. interested in your thoughts

Jason,

Be sure to tell the upholsterer to put padding in the seat. I don't see how you can manage to ride in that metal seat for too long. Maybe that's why you are letting your son ride.
err.gif

Charlie,

You mean it's not snowing up there?
rofl.gif

I thought you had a whole fleet of cubs to mow with!

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 127
  • rofl.gif
    rofl.gif
    388 bytes · Views: 137
Charlie - I don't want to hear any complaints out of you. No one else on here has access to every part they need the same day they need it.
beerchug.gif

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 139
Can anyone tell me what oil I should use in the transmission and engine for my cc70, thanks

Harry,
Ya know! That's the only good thing about it, LOL

Knowing that whatever I break or have to fix, I don't have to wait for some GOOF to send me the stuff,
biggrin.gif

Actually it's more fun to ask the wife to go get what I need!
She's gettin pretty good at it too!
beerchug.gif

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 137
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 128
Mike,

No way man. Putting anything with texture in there will kill the decks grass throwing capabilities and make wet grass stick instantly.

They make this stuff called paint, that dries smooth and shiny and is known to keep things from rusting... You should try it.

Mike I use POR 15 paint on the underside of my deck. It dries hard and very glossy. It is also self leveling. Mine is still working after around 5 or 6 years of use. Be sure to read and follow directions very close. Also be sure to protect all bolt holes or you will have to drill the paint out of them. If you paint over it you need to do it while it is tacky or paint will not stick. Just my 02c

ok...i shoulda known....when i did the rebuild last year i used por 15 so i guess i'll stick with what i've got. like i said....just wanted to throw it out there.....thanx for the replies

So I get an email today!
biggrin.gif

Please help I have a 76 ford the video on you tube showed how to rebuild the steering box.

It appears both of my thrust bearing are shot.

Please let mne know if I need the 2nd thrust bearing not seeing where I can order the extra bearing

Thank you Jaye

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 135

Cub got a Workout 2Day,,, Hail Storm Yesterday, Trunk is 38" Diameter, The Little Stihl MS170 did Pretty Good Actually,,, 149 Got the Main Trunk pieces outta Neighbors Yard.
304901.jpg

304902.jpg

304903.jpg

304904.jpg

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 304903.jpg
    304903.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 304902.jpg
    304902.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 304904.jpg
    304904.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 304901.jpg
    304901.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 304901.jpg
    304901.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 304902.jpg
    304902.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 304903.jpg
    304903.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 304904.jpg
    304904.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 151
Jason W.
I've got to ask.
What's up with the periods at the beginning, middle and end of all your post?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 139
Charlie P.
Ok, I'm gonna try it. No periods.
Well, Ummmm,
1a_scratchhead.gif
Hmmmm, now that you mention it. Only thing I can come up with is ever since I hit early 40's quite a while back, eyesight has gone down hill big time. And since my whole family has gone to iPhones instead of computer's them darn tiny screens are so hard to focus in on that I have trouble when there are several short post in a row and posters sig is right on top of next post I have trouble distinguishing between who's post it is and half the time I read a posters sig thinking that was the post until I realize it was a sig then I scroll down to see who posted and back up again to read the actual post. Which I'm 100% sure all this is making no sense whatsoever to who ever is reading this but in my Crazy way of doing things in a way I can comprehend them is that the "Periods" give separation between my Name at top of post and my sig at bottom so "Everyone" else out there with my condition don't get confused.
ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 133
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 123
Now I know!
biggrin.gif

If it works for ya, continue on, Not a problem on my end. I just had to ask.
thumbsup_old.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 130
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 133

Latest posts

Back