• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 16, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digger - No he's not asking if they are any good , he's asking what the measurement for something that someone went through the trouble to think of / design / and build to sell ... what he wants is the measurement given to him of someone's product so he can make his own with the measurement that someone else gives him for someone's product.
You know , he wants something for nothing.
Did I mention he wants the measurement ?

Kentucky.... seriously dude, that's kinda ignorant the way you said that. I guess it's better to spend $80.00 on somthing then make my own with some of the steel I got sitting around the garage. If you read what I said , it wasn't a big deal. I guess I shouldn't have spent money a a welder since there's a bunch of welding shops around here. So I guess you never ever asked anyone a question like that right? Some people in here need to chill out a bit. It amazes me how some people can complain about anything & everything on here. I guess there really is dumb questions after all.

Sorry I didn't know it was that time of the month for you

Jonathan S.
We don't call Kentuck the GRUMP! for nuthin.
biggrin.gif

Water over a ducks back comes into play here.
beerchug.gif

I built one of those and only used it once. More trouble than it's worth.
Much easier and quicker to do it in a vise w/a brass drift and a hammer.

By the time it takes to dig the thing out from wherever I forgot that I put it, and screw the nuts on and get the thing over the shaft I can have it apart and disassembled.

I agree with David on using a vise for assembly/disassembly of a clutch.
Put two layers of cardboard on each side of the vice jaws, and you won't even put a scratch on the driveshaft!
Plus the cardboard helps hold the shaft so you won't have to put a "death clamp" on the shaft.
thumbsup_old.gif

I have system of the use of a floor jack and the hole in the reciever hitch on my pickup for clutch work
Made a spacer with a notch the goes over pin in the drive shaft with washers
Dave’s method of the vise works to
Sometime u have to get creative instead of buying high dollar tools

Back