• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 28, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't mean to be a pest, but I'm still lookin' for help on my post from Saturday...

Hello everyone. It's been an extremely long time since I posted here. My new all-consuming hobby is motorcycles, so my '73 128 has simply been workin' hard to maximize the seat time on my "other" machine.

What I wanted to ask is this:

I own a 128 with the 44" deck. The belt from the PTO to the deck broke at the end of the last season. I need the replacement P/N, but I would also like to know some cross-reference #s for non-OEM alternatives. I searched the forum first, but couldn't locate what I was looking for. TIA

Greg in Cincy

Hank/Oscar, Who are all those "Happy Cubbers" from left to right?? I know a few of those "Gents".

Tom --

with a quick once through in my notes l to r goes like this:

Hank, A.W. Gonya, Geezer DeTurk, Betty Peters, Tom Peters, Paul Bell, Harold Schramm, ????, Dale Scheiderer, and Scott U.

Thanks Tom. I truly appreciate it! Are there any alternatives to the OEM belt, or is this the only thing available?

Got this sweet little "Zig" today from the 2nd owner! Bought it used in "68 from the local IH dealer. Kinda' like the "Little old Lady from Pasadina(sp)".
17291.jpg

Tom-
Nice 71! I wish I could find one like that, finding 7hp Cubs is pretty hard anymore.

BIG air cleaner is about to make the conversion to "precleaner" for the project tractor. This was the housing that soaked in lye for 2 days with absolutely nothing happening to the paint, then all came off in 20 minutes with Loctite Chisel Gasket Remover.
17293.jpg

Calvin-With the head off, pound the valve back down with a plastic mallet. Spray PB Blaster down the guide first or on as much of the stem as you can. Roll the engine over by hand to get it to come back up,it may take some nudging. Repeat several times until the spring pressure operates the valve correctly.

Wyatt -

Is Travis paying you for "product placement"?
roflol.gif

Hank-
Fantastic pictures, thanks for sharing! BTW...Great article in Farm Collector!

Rand-
Welcome to the forum. Yea, Kraig's a little slow on the uptake sometimes. Keep buggin him...He usually goes by the 20-messages rule. <font size="-2">(Send him 20 messages and you'll usually get a response by then....)</font>
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Oh, and don't forget to have Mrs. Rand look at the quote in my profile...
roflol.gif

Tom-
That's a NICE 71! Sure is a far cry from Bullit!

Demo of Duce-
Any chance of getting a link on the "Plow Days" section for the WFM date on the 24th? "Mr. Snappy" will be there, so I'm just trying to saving you from a headache later...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Art --on that last pic at Madsons -- Scott Madson, Erv Madson, and Rick Schuh left to right.

(Message edited by owill on March 29, 2004)

Will the 3-point casting and linkage from a 123 fit and work on a 126?

Latest posts

Back