• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 29, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekincaid

displayname
Ethan Kincaid
Well gang I just got home from picking up two 1450s for a good price I think. one has duel hydro set up with ports on the frt grill support (awesome) and the other has great potential also there a bit rougher than I'd like but the bones are good.so wish me luck fellas on to my next resto I'll begin the evaluation process tomorrow in the day light.Hopefully they go as well as my 125

Ethan - sounds like you got the Yellr'n White Fever really BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! You jumped head over heels into these. Certainly hope the daylight doesn't identify somethin you didn't see at night.

Hey, two 1450's, I'm giving that a big
greenthumb.gif

And one has dual hydro, nice! I think you found your front blade problem solver.
I'm a bit partial to 1450s....

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 113
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 124
Ethan K. Cubgratulations!!!!!
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 120
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 119
I'm pretty excited about about my 1450s if daylight does show more problems than I expected I can focus on one and make it my priority and part the other one out to pay for the resto on the other the.One the has duel hydros was made in 1976 according to the s/n,I've already named it the Iron Patriot,guess that ones the pick of the litter.do you guy want to know how much I paid for them?150 for the duel hydro,100 bucks for the other

Ethan - DANG, that's a heck of a price. I need to see pics of these 1450's before I can say much more.
worthless.gif

Attachments

• worthless.gif
    worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 120
Harry-there rough as I said I think I can make one good one out of the two,I'll see if I can piggy back some pictures if you don't mind

Quinn, any update on your 100 not starting? Before anyone here can help you, we need answers to the questions that Harry and I asked. They should be easy to check.

Going to the Chapter #5 meeting in Manning, IA this Sat and picking up a couple "skinny" wheels from Marlin on the way home Sunday.

Wondering what size ag's will fit and look good on those wheels.
Going to put them on the 104 restore w/ag ribs on the front.

David,

6-12 Carlisle tru power.
thumbsup.gif

313823.jpg

313824.jpg

Attachments

• 313824.jpg
    313824.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 121
  • 313823.jpg
    313823.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 128
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 119
  • 313823.jpg
    313823.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 313824.jpg
    313824.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 127
Hey Guys - sorry I'm a day late getting to these. Here are pics of Ethan's two 1450s. He was right about them being rough but having good bones. I think the most difficulty Ethan will have is that he doesn't know how they were originally built so he won't know what he's missing. Not sure how to best advise him here. He needs a close by really good example to know what's correct.
313837.jpg

313838.jpg

313839.jpg

313840.jpg

Attachments

• 313840.jpg
    313840.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 313839.jpg
    313839.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 313838.jpg
    313838.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 313837.jpg
    313837.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 313840.jpg
    313840.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 313839.jpg
    313839.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 313838.jpg
    313838.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 313837.jpg
    313837.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 118
I'll get pics of dad's 1450 tomorrow after work or Sunday, unless someone beats me to it! I'd pic my 1200 better, but it has some wrong parts on it I just haven't switched to the correct ones I have yet...

Guys I'd appreciate any and all help/advise with my 1450 rebuilds.Ive been studying pictures and the service and owners manuals to get a good understanding on the parts and functions of these tractors.I feel confident that with time and patience these tractors will work again you can't keep a good cub down.For now I'm just focusing on the "white"one in the back of the pictures.That tractor is missing more stuff off of it but is in better over all shape so I've started taking parts off of the other tractor rehabbing those parts to put on,Iron Patriot(the aforementioned "white one"). I think the biggest challenge I'll have to over come with theses rebuilts is convincing my wife that I haven't lost my mind lol. The most critical tool to use is patience.

Ethan,

Patience is the big one, next is perseverance.
If you have both of these, success will follow.

Gotta go persevere on my 100 some more today!
ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 111
I hope to have Iron Patriot ready for this coming winter.Hydro thanks again for the allyoop on the pictures.Marty I'd say all went pretty well with my resto on the my 125 other that the pto crapping out and I got that done from November- January so I this coming winter should be a realistic goal

Ethan,

Let me know what pictures you might need. i have a dual stick 1450 here that is 99% correct.

I know the differences and can point them out. But I can take any picture you need, and will even E-Mail to you in a higher resolution. I will also post them here, but the higher resolution could be handy.

Mine isn't perfect... but it has everything it's supposed to.

Scott-that's great my email is in my profile I could use some engine bay shots of the fuel tank area and the sound deadener panels the tractor I'm focusing on is a single hydro set up but got a incorrect gas tank and all q/l panels and sound deadener panels are missing look at the shots hydro posted for me and you see what I'm talking about the gas tank seems to by from a 104 or 73 or some other ten horse setup

OK, I will get some pictures either later today, or tomorrow. Getting ready to head out.

You are correct, the fuel tank and mount in the bottom 2 pictures looks to be off a 1x8/9 wideframe, not a quietline. You are also missing most of the tins on the bottom 2 pictures, engine. The top two, which look to the twin stick tractor, have more of the tins on it. I'll take several pictures, and E-Mail them to you. I will also resize them, so as you ask questions, others know what pictures you are looking at.

Back