• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 25, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgonitzke

displayname
Matt Gonitzke
Wow, it has been years since the archive bug got me...

Last year I got way too good of a deal on this 5kW generator. I finally got around to making a Pincor-style mount for my 782.

313762.jpg

Attachments

• 313762.jpg
    313762.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 313762.jpg
    313762.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 180
Matt,

I have recently been looking into "over hung load" on pumps and such. Working on a loader project I've been thinking about pump bushing life with belt drive (OHL) vs direct off the back of the hydro. I know the hydraulic pressure helps to keep the side load off the shaft bushings.

I imagine the gen has a bearing an can handle the load.

I believe your loader a belt drive, is it a bushing pump?

thanks

Jim

General question...

Is there a proper position for the installation of main (K) engine seals? What I'm mainly talking about is the depth. I have installed several but always have this in the back of my mind as a question mark. The front is always installed to where it is flush with the casting but the rear has a "cutout" like area and this area has always been a pita to get the seal installed without any damage. The damage comes from the sharp edge of this area catching the outer material on the seal and pealing it back. I've always gone back with the seals to the depth I observed before but the rear seal has a variable there. I'm just wondering if it really matters or not as long as you end up with a good seal at least the width of the seal itself. It appears to me the rear can also be driven in too far so I've always tried to get it flush with this d**n cutout.

I hope this makes sense and TIA.

Ronald J.
All O's have the same size tank.
Even the after the fact Kohler tanks were/are the same size.
In fact, the new plastic tanks are exactly the same size as the steel tanks of old.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 130
Wayne S., I seated my seal just a bit deeper than original so the seal had a new place on the shaft to ride against. It seems to have worked so far.

Thanks Mike-

That sounds like a good idea to avoid using the same spot on the crank. I do try and polish/clean that area as best I can every time then grease it well.

I do the same thing Wayne.. polish the crank where the seal rides the best I can and coat it with grease then push the seal into place.

Thanks Digger. I took one off an early machine and replaced it with a newer one. Just making sure.

Tim D.
62 in the bin as of yesterday.
You can get'um just about anywhere these days.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 134
Hey saw the post about Tedd- does anyone know what happened to that fella? If memory serves me right, he was the owner of the first 100. I think there's somewhere in the archives where he asked about a particular s/n and I replied back something like "are you sure that's the S/N, because if that's true, it's the FIRST of that series"

Wyatt, Craig Carney bought that 100 from Tedd. Not sure where Tedd went to...

Craig, do you still have that 100?

Just a little rant here...

I am proud of my 1250 <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>! I started it today, for the first time in seven months. Not only did it start, it started without assistance from a battery charger, starting fluid or a primer. The knucklehead owner of this machine left it with full tank of untreated gasoline, the flow valve to the carburetor in the open position, and the battery still connected. It started, ran and drove like it had been used a half an hour ago.

There is no doubt that these old Cub Cadets are good.

Kraig yes "spot" is still in the cub cave, with an old dusty blanket to keep it clean. Remember when you and Art hauled it back for me??

It is 65459, the second 70/100, done up like a 100 but in reality probably a 70, because the wire harness originally had little battery terminal eyelets, not the lead automotive clamps of an old big-battery-box 100.

Tedd gave me all the receipts to it. He found it near Plainfield, IL and the lore at the time was that it had always been in the SW chicagoland suburbs.

Tedd caught the Airstream bug last I heard. Maybe he's still near Lisle, IL?

Airstream
eww.gif
, ever since working on an engineering project called a BaseCamp I swore off any desire for aluminum Twinkies.

Craig- Good to hear!

Attachments

• eww.gif
    eww.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 137

Latest posts

Back